Logo by mauxuam - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 24, 2024, 09:37:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Wooscripter noisy distance estimators  (Read 3418 times)
Description: What happens when you mix distance estimators with Perlin noise?
dom767
Explorer

dom767
« on: February 10, 2015, 03:01:31 PM »

Hi folks,

I thought some of you might be interested in the latest objects I've been working on with Wooscripter. I started playing with adding Perlin noise to DE functions a few weeks ago and I've been getting some lovely results recently. The app I'm using is downloadable if anyone wants to play around with generating their own perlin primitives, but here's a selection of my favourite renders!

More on my website here...
http://woo4.me/wooscripter/noisy-distance-estimators/
mclarekin
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 12:36:33 AM »

cool site, and interesting reading for me who knows so little.
Madman
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 12:53:47 AM »

When I try to download wooscripter, access is denied because the file is marked as "malicious". Would you care to elaborate on that?

All I want is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power (Ashleigh Brilliant)
dom767
Explorer

dom767
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 08:32:23 AM »

There's nothing malicious in the installer so i guess your AV software is being overcautious. My own AV software didn't pick anything up and neither did the systems on my work pc.

If you're concerned you can build it directly from the sourcecode on github (search for wooscripter). Has anyone else had this issue with the installer being marked as malicious?

Dom
Madman
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 10:34:05 PM »

Hmm, OK. Seems both Chrome and IE don't like the download, but if I scan the file with my virus scanners, there seems to be no issue. Chrome says "This file is malicious" while IE is somewhat more moderate and tells me that "this file is not commonly downloaded". Guess It's OK then.

All I want is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power (Ashleigh Brilliant)
dom767
Explorer

dom767
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2015, 03:47:34 PM »

That's frustrating. I'll look at hosting the file somewhere else to see if Chrome finds that more acceptable. Glad it's working fine for you though.

By the way, I'd be really interested in people's first impressions of using the application. I know the scripting language is a bit of a barrier to entry, and distance estimators are a bit opaque at the best of times. Anyone got suggestions on what would make it easier to use? Anything that was particularly confusing? Would more example scripts help?

Ta,
Dom
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: