Logo by Sockratease - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 16, 2024, 11:52:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Guide to the Inner Workings of the Mandelbrot-Set 1  (Read 24338 times)
youhn
Fractal Molossus

Shapes only exists in our heads.

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2015, 11:06:40 AM »

No, but I did start to use "Find Minibrot" to skip some manual clicks. But depending on location, this does not always work. Sometimes the software thinks it find a center, and happy goes zooming further ... but it's not on the actual center. I will pay attention next time, to remember the type of locations where this happens.
PieMan597
Conqueror

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2015, 01:39:25 PM »

I find that the auto zoomer fails when the spirals on screen have a higher iteration count than the "center" you want. I think that the  zoomer just zooms into the highest iteration.
youhn
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2015, 05:02:22 PM »

Well, in that case I think the Mandelbrot-center-finder is not compatible with my current zooming method for Julia. I like high contrast between dense and sparse areas. Things like this:

This is just the half of the two-fold symmetry. The actual center is the small circle on the bottom-middle. With the Mandelbrot-finding function it zooms in on the leftmost dense spot.

* mset-5098.kfr.txt (2 KB - downloaded 242 times.)
youhn
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2015, 11:09:08 AM »

These past few weeks the focus was on creating low level julias. Each time I more or less followed the following steps:

- Zoom into the Mset just a little to find a minibrot
- Zoom into a valley of choice to get interesting spirals (these lead to nice bounded shapes deeper on)
- Find a Julia without zooming too deep
- Start Julia morphing, each time on the new two-fold shape
- Never go to far away from the center for each new two-fold to morph

All raw fractals found and rendered with Kalles Fraktaler 2.7.9 at something like 7200px wide.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 11:34:23 AM by youhn, Reason: Fixed last errors in image links, added whitespace » Logged
quaz0r
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2015, 04:17:09 PM »

nice work  A Beer Cup
Kalles Fraktaler
Fractal Senior

kallesfraktaler
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2015, 05:35:24 PM »

Wow

Did you use "Show inflection" at all?

Want to create DEEP Mandelbrot fractals 100 times faster than the commercial programs, for FREE? One hour or one minute? Three months or one day? Try Kalles Fraktaler http://www.chillheimer.de/kallesfraktaler
http://www.facebook.com/kallesfraktaler
youhn
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2015, 06:20:44 PM »

No, I more like to plan some kind of method or principle and dive in using that in mind. I think show inflection can't show multiple morph steps ahead, so that's why I don't use it.
Kalles Fraktaler
Fractal Senior

kallesfraktaler
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2015, 06:26:38 PM »

The auto zoomer does try to find the center by mirroring parts of the view and select the position where it gets the lowest error when comparing iteration values per pixel.
However in dense areas there can be a huge difference between pixels, that destroys this method. Maybe comparing rgb values in the image would be more reliable also for dense areas

Want to create DEEP Mandelbrot fractals 100 times faster than the commercial programs, for FREE? One hour or one minute? Three months or one day? Try Kalles Fraktaler http://www.chillheimer.de/kallesfraktaler
http://www.facebook.com/kallesfraktaler
jehovajah
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

May a trochoid in the void bring you peace

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2017, 10:16:41 AM »

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9gk_8mQuerg
Nice introduction , but not sure he correctly ascribes the origination of Bhuddabrot .

May a trochoid of ¥h¶h iteratively entrain your Logos Response transforming into iridescent fractals of orgasmic delight and joy, with kindness, peace and gratitude at all scales within your experience. I beg of you to enrich others as you have been enriched, in vorticose pulsations of extravagance!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: