Logo by Dinkydau - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 18, 2024, 07:20:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: fragmentarium problems  (Read 1065 times)
Description: issues with many £D fragment types opening
Tim Emit
Conqueror

https://www.facebook.com/
« on: June 24, 2014, 08:01:46 PM »

Hi , I was wondering if anyone else has been having problems with Fragmentarium lately... when I open V1.0 or 0.9 I get the following error message ' Could not link shaders fragment info- (0) :fatal error C9999 ****exception during compilation**** failure to compile script .

This happens for all of Kali's 3D frags and the simple mandelbulb/mandelbulbs  but not for Knightys psuedos or mengers etc.

I run it on a Nvidia geforce 620gt and have heard from another user with a nvidia card that their version won't run either..

any ideas folks.. .. i'm guessing it may be from an update to my card driver but as I had not opened fragmentarium for some time I will have had a fair number of driver updates over that period..
Thanks for any help ..Tim
knighty
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 08:24:08 PM »

hi Tim,
It looks like a driver issue to me. Glad to hear that my scripts are still working  cheesy.
Tim Emit
Conqueror

https://www.facebook.com/
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 10:33:40 PM »

yep cheers Knighty , solved it.. it was a driver issue.. if anyone else is having this problem goto the Nvidia driver downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us enter your driver type and search back to when you last made a successful image in frag and DL the corresponding driver from around that date cheesy
JohnVV
Conqueror

having fun

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 09:18:48 AM »

I take it you are using MS Windows
Micro"BLEEP" removes a ton of the openGL code from the nvidia driver they redistribute via "Windows update"

PS a warning
windows update WILL!!!!! replace the working driver from Nvidia with the, ON PURPOSE ,busted MS version of the driver

use Linux and the "NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-340.17.run" driver
problem solved

Running OpenSUSE 42.1-64bit & ScientificLinux-6.7-64bit
I don't pitch Linux to my friends,I let Microsoft do it for me!"
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: