Logo by kr0mat1k - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 12:36:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: What's the best software to play with IFS ?  (Read 709 times)
Description: IFS
chris-
Forums Newbie

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2014, 06:07:20 AM »

Re: JWildFire, yes, with JRE7 it works, thanks smiley

Chris
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2014, 09:28:39 AM »

Have fun :-) and drop me a message when you have questions regarding the exploration of the ifs

Andreas
chris-
Forums Newbie

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2014, 11:36:39 AM »

Thanks Andreas smiley

What I really wanted was to work with simple 2D IFS, which is the algorithm :

NewX=Ax+By+E
NewY=Cy+Dy+F

which is the 2D IFS formula as used by Fractint (if I understand correctly).

If I understand rightly, JWildFire seems to have the same parameters, but the result is different. For example, in JWildFire, clicking "new from scratch" and adding one affine-transformation, with the initial parameters (1,0,0,0,1,0) with my formula above, the result would be a single point, but JWildFire produces a square with the default "Linear3D" algorithm. Is there an algorithm in JWildFire which is the same as mine above?

thanks smiley

Chris
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2014, 01:25:12 PM »

Seeing a square is correct, since the iteration chain doesn't go on indefinitely, instead getting restarted every 10k iterations or so (randomised in a square) which produces a square after a while.

The ABCDE coefficients you mentioned are the coefficients of the affine (linear) part of the transforms, which are commonly displayed in 2D as a triangle (unfortunately) or as axes in Chaotica, allowing you to easily drag them around instead of editing the numbers.

thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2014, 12:32:55 AM »

which are commonly displayed in 2D as a triangle (unfortunately)
I think there is still no better approach in terms of usability. A user can easy recognize, find, select and manipulate triangles.
The thing which I dislike is the common speech of "triangles" for the affine transforms. The triangles are just a special kind of visualisation, but they work :-)
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2014, 11:13:48 PM »

I think there is still no better approach in terms of usability. A user can easy recognize, find, select and manipulate triangles.
The thing which I dislike is the common speech of "triangles" for the affine transforms. The triangles are just a special kind of visualisation, but they work :-)
OK, maybe I was wrong, in the meanwhile my users demanded an option to hide controls at all (while still using them) cheesy
So I think I will provide all required/useful styles, and the user may choose freely, triangles, hidden controls, axes, whatever :-)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: