Logo by mclarekin - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 03:35:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: fliping horizonal and vertical  (Read 1680 times)
coldwetnoz
Explorer

« on: January 12, 2014, 06:18:01 PM »

I just ran into a tut I says to flip the transform horizontal and/or vertical.  This is a new one for me.  I don't see a tool for that.  Can you point it out to me?
Thanks,
pslane
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 07:01:26 PM »

I just ran into a tut I says to flip the transform horizontal and/or vertical.  This is a new one for me.  I don't see a tool for that.  Can you point it out to me?
Thanks,
pslane

Well, if you posted in the forum's category dedicated to whatever software you are using, it would help us know exactly what program you are asking about.

Unless somebody released a program called "Discuss Fractal Forums" - in which case...  Link Please!

Otherwise please let me know what program you are asking about so I can move this to the appropriate section, where it will be more likely to generate a useful answer.

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
coldwetnoz
Explorer

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 08:45:19 PM »

Sorry, I will look more closely at the forum list next time.  It's Apophysis 7.
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 09:19:18 PM »

Sorry, I will look more closely at the forum list next time.  It's Apophysis 7.

No problems!

I'll move this to the Apophysis forum now.

Sorry, I never got the hang of Apophysis, so I cannot help with this question.  But I'm sure we have many people here who can and hopefully one of them will see this and reply soon   afro

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
coldwetnoz
Explorer

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 09:20:39 PM »

Yes, there are lots.  What do you use?
pslane
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 09:44:56 PM »

Yes, there are lots.  What do you use?
pslane

My favorites are ones that export 3D obj models for use in 3D software.  There are many now that do that, like Incendia, Xenodream, ChoasPro, and all (or nearly all) of Terry Gintz's suite of programs.  Mandelbulb3D introduced a way to do this recently, and it is great fun.

The closest I ever came to a flame fractal toy is Chaoscope - it makes things with a similar look, but it's the render engine more than anything else giving the similar look.  

I also have Ultra Fractal, but the more I use it, the less I like it.

And, of course, I still keep my old friend Mutatorkammer around  (it's an abandoned project by Christian, our Administrator, but I never found an easier way to fractally distort an image!) (It's available in our Downloads section, but it's not very stable on newer operating systems).

I tried to write my own, just for fun, but quickly found out I'd been away from programming for too long to stand a chance.  When I learned to program, I was punching cards and missed the entire intro of Object Oriented Programming   evil

So I just play now and leave the programming to those clever young un's out there   afro

coldwetnoz
Explorer

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 02:10:50 AM »

My fractals are strictly playing fractals.  I've never even heard of 99 % of those programs. I decided to stick with just one for lack of time so I chose Apophysis because there were more tutorials out there.  I'm lost without a tut to at least start me off. If you have a link to one of the fractals like the type you make, send it own so I can ooh and aah over it!
tatasz
Alien

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 02:21:03 AM »

My fractals are strictly playing fractals.  I've never even heard of 99 % of those programs. I decided to stick with just one for lack of time so I chose Apophysis because there were more tutorials out there.  I'm lost without a tut to at least start me off. If you have a link to one of the fractals like the type you make, send it own so I can ooh and aah over it!

http://chat.deviantart.com/chat/aposhack
http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20949676/ApophysisUserManual/index.html

Please check my gallery: http://tatasz.deviantart.com/
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2014, 06:16:50 PM »

Thanks for that - I couldn't help with software I never used  undecided

I tried as many different programs as I could get to see if any were more suited to my purposes and way of thinking  (both of which are a little  ...  Perverted?)

If you want to see some of my stuff, here's a link to my images : http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=myimages;u=162

Here's the one I like best of the 3D Models  (exported from MB3D and Incendia, then rendered in Carrara) - http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=9736

Like the forum's motto says ; The Possibilities Are Infinite  (or at least, they increase without bounds except those imposed by the allotted time of the existence of the universe and the experimentor).

coldwetnoz
Explorer

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2014, 02:55:31 AM »

Your fractals look fantastic!  It really adds to it to see them on such a large scale.    Details!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: