Logo by Fractal Ken - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 24, 2024, 06:57:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: The Fractal History of Mankind  (Read 6468 times)
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« on: May 08, 2009, 03:58:54 PM »

Robert Paterson has a weblog where he talks about various topics.   And over a couple days, he posted three related articles about
"The Fractal History of Mankind":

•   Hari Seldon's Psychohistory Is Real
    •   Our Time
    •   Our Future

It starts off referencing the "Foundation" trilogy, which is an epic science fiction series by Isaac Asimov.   
But it quickly branches off into many other areas.   I thought it was an interesting read.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 10:49:21 PM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged

Catelee2u
Alien

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 03:44:22 AM »

Gregg Braden has a book out called Fractal Time and has an online calculator for predicting similar conditions. I'm not sure about his math....never looked into it but I reckon there's something in it that time and history may have a fractal nature.

His calculator is here:
http://www.greggbraden.com/fractal-time-calculator

Chillheimer
Global Moderator
Fractal Schemer

Just another fractal being floating by..

chilli.chillheimer chillheimer
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 07:51:10 PM »

Really a very interesting article, thanks for posting.

edit 3years later:
I bought the Greg Braden book. And stopped reading pretty soon. It's far to esoteric and maya 2012 mumbojumbo for my taste.

I too think that history shows  obvious fractal patterns. There's no need to spice it up with crap like that, it kills credibility.
Popup-commercials on his site to buy more from him: "LEARNING THIS ANCIENT MAGICAL PRAYER WILL INSTANTLY TRANSFORM YOUR LIFE"

I think he is damaging serious research with what he does.

Patinsons stuff is still great. That's how this should be done. Too bad it got so little recognition.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 07:45:12 PM by Chillheimer » Logged

--- Fractals - add some Chaos to your life and put the world in order. ---
Max Sinister
Conqueror

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 08:32:18 PM »

Interesting. I always liked predictions about the Future. And Asimov and his Foundation series.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: