Logo by mrob - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 09:00:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: 6th Annual Competition Results 2013 - ALL SECTIONS (first 10)  (Read 20638 times)
arias
Safarist

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2013, 11:31:24 PM »

Hello everyone, thank you again for all those who voted for you my picture.
I hope to continue to have other vision when browsing randomly across the ocean formulas. And say that the school I was zero in mathematics ... who would have told me that I would use for artistic purposes ...
Bernard
Kali
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2013, 05:05:37 AM »

Nice Chris, thanks!!! so congrats Kraftwerk and lambarie for 2nd and 3rd places!!  smiley

Maybe we could find more sponsors for the next year, to give additional prizes  wink
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 05:08:34 AM by Kali » Logged

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2013, 09:30:24 AM »

yes that would be nice, in fact this time was the first time the compo was sponsored by an official sponsor, up until now it was always supported by forums members, especially: GFWORLD, thank you btw!

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2013, 10:29:44 AM »

Maybe we could find more sponsors for the next year, to give additional prizes  wink

I was allways wondering, why competitions like the bmfac or the annual competition are not sponsored by a computer related company. This would be the most natural and conclusive choice.
I just saw the assembly summer '13 is sponsored by asus, rovio and many more. So why isn't the annual competition sponsored by say Nvidia and Adobe?  huh?

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
vinz
Iterator

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2013, 11:44:41 AM »

Prizes are not necessary. imo ! .... Finding money and sponsors for prizes is somewhat complicated.
personally, a prize is a plus, but certainly not the main motivation.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 11:49:56 AM by vinz » Logged
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2013, 12:01:45 PM »

Maybe we could approach the creators of Commercial Fractal Generators to offer their software as a prize?

While there are many free tools, many are not.  Perhaps Frederick Unpronounceable could offer an UltraFractal License, or maybe the creators of things like Xenodream and Fractal Science Kit, Visions Of Chaos, or even Terry Gintz and all the other ones with Free Versions and paid versions could be persuaded. 

I'd understand if they did not want to do so, but there would be a certain amount of heightened exposure for their projects if they did, and we'd get some nice prizes to offer if they did!

Plenty of time to start asking around if the idea is a good one   afro

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
element90
Strange Attractor

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2013, 12:03:28 PM »

I note the fractal forums banner still says "Vote Now!".

Elelemt90 Fractals blog www.element90.wordpress.com
mclarekin
Fractal Senior

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2013, 12:10:00 PM »

Congratulations to all participants, it was a pleasure to spectate. grin smiley grin.   As a first time compo viewer, I was mightily impressed by it all.

Possible suggestion to ponder about is for an Avatar section in the future. i.e Taurus66's avatar is a pretty damn cool piece of fractal artistry.
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2013, 12:11:53 PM »

I note the fractal forums banner still says "Vote Now!".

thank you for noting, i corrected it

surely i would love to have a big sponsor, but never forget, we are such a tiny bunch of enthusiasts here, that barely get noted, although we do stuff here that effectively affects gpu producers as well, i personally have not done much to attract those, next big thing is to promote the calendar 2014 since i am very bad at asking people, and i am bad at commercial stuff in general, it is going to be a tough thing to heighten things to a new level ... but i am working on it .... cheesy

---

simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

Experienced Fractal eXtreme plugin crasher!

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2013, 03:43:29 PM »

Text on left still says "VOTE NOW!" and now no banner at all on 2 out of 3 windows I have open.  On the third there is a banner but it still says "VOTE NOW!" in text on the right hand side.

To anyone viewing my posts and finding missing/broken links to a website called www.needanother.co.uk, I still own the domain but recently cancelled my server (saving £30/month) so even though the domain address exists, it points nowhere.  I hope to one day sort something out but for now - sorry!
eiffie
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2013, 04:33:12 PM »

Thanks to everyone who voted and to Chris for holding another fun contest. I love your idea of a "real" fractal section next year - hopefully 3D printed or handcrafted. That would be awesome!
I feel a little bad for beating arias with a lower average score but since he won for still image - tough sh!t he'll get over it. smiley So many creative entries it was an honor to participate! Like vinz said the prize isn't really important here but being a part of this community and its strange mix of artists and mathematicians is the real win!
blah blah blah... Have I thanked enough of the "little people" yet?
Kali
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2013, 09:51:00 PM »

Off course the prizes are not that important, and I think nobody was in the competition just for a mug, but it's a nice little reminder of your achievement every time you drink some coffee  grin

However, having prizes like software licenses and even hardware (yes, I'm dreaming too much) that helps the artists and fractal enthusiasts with their works, would be fantastic... but first we must get the attention of more people and make this contest more popular and well known... you are doing great Chris, with your tv show and stuff, but is also a task of all the members to make the compo and the site became something that could get the attention of the sponsors.

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2013, 10:17:57 PM »

oh yeah people, but lets just calm down, dont you all think we already gained much attention?
as i pointed out, the amount of votes this year nearly doubled, which is quite a response, and i say:
earlier, you are all some kind of avantgarde, because you are doing stuff no one ever has done before,
beside that - we get some attention, not only for finding such great mathematical objects like the
mandelbox and the mandelbulb, my recent trip to mexico is some kind of public attention, even though
a really small one, next current work will be to stomp out the third calendar in row, as those pictures
document nicely what is going on here, and this years calendar is going to be even more amazing than
the ones before, but i think i can not go down with the price for it, because of this hugely small amount
of copies i produce, just 100, and i need to get the investition back soon, and some kind of revenue is
planned as well

ehrm, next step will be - with the help of the mexico professor - to aim for a nice TED talk about hybrid
fractals smiley

congrats all, and believe me i am going to continue, no matter what! and growing can be small, but
exponential stuff grows slowly at the beginning ... muahaha wink

---

vinz
Iterator

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2013, 10:41:58 PM »

ehrm, next step will be - with the help of the mexico professor - to aim for a nice TED talk about hybrid
fractals smiley

Woaw Excellent...  cheesy !
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2013, 10:45:30 PM »

Woaw Excellent...  cheesy !

haha, just an aim, but with a professor at hand that fills out the initial admission, the topic is interesting enough to be told at TED, hybrid 3d fractal - an idea worth spreading smiley

---

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: