Logo by Pauldelbrot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 23, 2024, 02:26:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Do fractal-artists actually know which modification effects what in MB3D ?How..?  (Read 559 times)
psYnfinite
Forums Newbie

« on: June 03, 2013, 06:55:18 PM »

How do fractal-artists actually get these amazing images done - I doubt they are done by just random exploring. 
I watched some of these amazing tutorials to get started with Mandelbulb3D and I now know how to use the basic functions, but I'm just randomly floating around without much plan. So how do you get these amazing images ? Do people actually know what each formula effects and then intendingly set up a great picture ? If so what's the best way to learn that ? There are really many formulas and parameters for each of those...
vinz
Iterator

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 07:27:46 PM »

i'm not very familiar yet with m3d, more with apophysis ... and i think  in the same way,
by using some variations again an again you know how they look like and what is their action, and what parameters do. Finaly you have more control over what you want to achieve.
but obviously there is always a place for random and luck in the formula exploration.
but as there are some step to achieve a kind of result you can start in place where everything is known ( or by a template ) or restart from scratch.

finally i think it's a good balance between software knowledge and luck Grin with closed eyes
here my thoughts.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: