Logo by Pauldelbrot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 04:43:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Mapping the Signal Strength of Spectrums from an mp3  (Read 2022 times)
Description: OSX + Xcode + Cinder
Blace
Forums Freshman

« on: February 26, 2013, 06:55:08 PM »

Hello, I've got a Audio Mapping program that I've been playing with that I wanted to share. I used a sample from the Cinder C++ library as a starting point. What this program does is takes a user input mp3 file and records the levels of 32 spectral bands of audio at a specified frame rate (right now 60fps) to 32 .txt files at one value per line with a range of 0-1. I've used this with a program I'd written and as an example where I read a line per frame and control all of the xforms rotation with this number. Unfortunately it requires Xcode and Cinder (which is free, and great) for OSX right now and is in the code stage, but I just wanted to put it up and see if anyone's interested in the idea. You could use these .txt files for many applications if you're handy with programming and can use a read line to input the values. I added a readme file to explaining it a bit more, here it is: http://blazinglace.net/codeprocess.htm . If anyone gets it working, I'd be excited to hear about it, thanks!

Edit: If anyone has a song or clip that they'd like me to run through this process let me know? I'd be happy to email you the text files of the output.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 04:33:09 AM by Blace, Reason: Edit offer » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: