Logo by Fiery - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 09:39:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Adobe Creative Suite CS2 for free!  (Read 2402 times)
Description: no joke
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« on: January 07, 2013, 05:02:13 PM »

Just recieved the news, that Adobe gives away the bit aged Creative Suite cs2.   shocked  smiley shocked

http://www.ghacks.net/2013/01/07/grab-adobe-creative-suite-2-including-adobe-photoshop-for-free/

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
Syntopia
Fractal Molossus

syntopiadk
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 05:40:03 PM »

But the link doesn't work, and there is no official press release from Adobe's site?

Did you manage to download it, taurus?
taurus
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 06:21:00 PM »

I mined this info from two (highly confidential) german it news sites - heise and golem. So I don't think, that it's a hoax. But at the moment, Adobe's download page is not available. I will have to try later. Check google news for verification.

>>edit the link works for me, but here some other international links
http://www.forbes.com/sites/adriankingsleyhughes/2013/01/07/download-adobe-cs2-applications-for-free/
http://www.geek.com/articles/chips/adobe-free-cs2-2013017/

alternative dowload-page: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?loc=en&e=cs2_downloads
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 07:00:43 PM by taurus66 » Logged

Syntopia
Fractal Molossus

syntopiadk
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 06:56:03 PM »

No, probably not a hoax, because several people have already downloaded and tried it.

But I'm quite sure this is an error from Adobe. The source of the download is apparently this page:
http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/creative-suite-2-activation-end-life.html
which is written for users already having a version.

There is no way Adobe would release this kind of software without doing some public announcement, and having a special end-user-license-agreement (such as: no support, no upgrades, no commercial usage).

I might be wrong, but I'd be happy to be wrong: there is some great software listed: Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Pro, Premiere, in 2005/2006 versions.
taurus
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 07:09:39 PM »

Yes, this seems too good to be true. But I also hope, you're wrong...
But there is still no way to the download page at the moment - most likely because of capacity overload. I guess we are not the ony ones, who would like to have it.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 07:11:40 PM by taurus66 » Logged

Madman
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 07:42:07 PM »

In the first link from taurus, scroll down to update 3. If you click the links on that site, you will be able to download all files. I haven't installed anything yet, so no guarantee if they work.

All I want is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power (Ashleigh Brilliant)
M Benesi
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 03:25:31 AM »

Here:

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

They gave out a serial number for people to use as well.

Read this thread:
http://forums.adobe.com/message/4975916#4975916

Specifically, the "community admin" post. 

taurus
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 10:27:41 AM »

Just a little Summary of mine:
Even when the dowloads and serials were not primarily published as free software, there seems no reason to assume, that the free use could be illegal, at least in Europe. All judicial statements I read, are in common here. Even Adobes EULA allways talks about "obtained" software and not "purchased". So there is no legal reason not to use it.
On the other hand, I can't recommend the Software for use within a productive environment under Win Vista or later (tested on win7 pro 64). Although it works here, it is not deniable, that it is not certified for such an environment - Aero is not supported, calling the help (F1) requires an Admin password an so on.
I just installed Photoshop so far, because I sometimes need 16bit/channel support, mostly for processing mandelbulbers zbuffers in 16bit, but for everything else (in my case of use) gimp is fully sufficient and in most cases more comfortable. I decided to ban CS2 Applications into a virtual XP.

Madman
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 10:53:29 PM »

I had some issues with installing the Suite (only installs from C:\ while I tried to install from D:\), but now everything works fine in Win7 64. Illustrator causes the desktop to change to basic colours, but that's alll. No issues with Photosshop. Has anyone installed Premiere 2.0 yet?

All I want is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power (Ashleigh Brilliant)
Syntopia
Fractal Molossus

syntopiadk
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 05:52:11 PM »

I had some issues with installing the Suite (only installs from C:\ while I tried to install from D:\), but now everything works fine in Win7 64. Illustrator causes the desktop to change to basic colours, but that's alll. No issues with Photosshop. Has anyone installed Premiere 2.0 yet?

Yup, I downloaded Premiere 2.0, and couldn't get it run on my Win7/x64 laptop. Tried compatibility modes as well (but not the XP Virtual PC emulator).

What do people here on the forum use for editing their videos (I'm thinking stuff like simple transitions, text overlay, compressing to a final format)?
I've tried Windows Movie Maker (didn't like), Blender (seems difficult), Lightworks (seems very difficult).
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2013, 06:43:15 PM »

I use vegas movie studio it is very professional, and not so expensive beforw i knew about it i would have used premiere movie studio is nice and simple but for complex tast far to limited

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
taurus
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2013, 07:12:32 PM »

What do people here on the forum use for editing their videos (I'm thinking stuff like simple transitions, text overlay, compressing to a final format)?

There are several free cutting/compositing solutions, all with its pros and cons.

Debugmode Wax is pretty simple,  has some cool features (like chroma keying), but also some stupid limitations. When you use 3d fx, all 2d fx are disabled. I cut my annual contest winner "follow me!" with wax, but I had to split it into two projects, 'cause i used chroma key (2d) for intro and translation (3d) for outro.

Jahshaka (cinefx) is a mighty toolkit (very difficult, I guess), is open source and renders most fx realtime on gpu. Unfortunately I had massive stability problems and after a crash it didn't start at all on my machine - maybe because of my amd gpu.

Cinelerra is also nice, but only runs on Linux OSes.

Blender seems also very good. ulliroyal, the one who cut my latest music video "november rhapsody", makes cool things with it. I never got used to blenders strange ui.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 07:18:21 PM by taurus66 » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: