Logo by KRAFTWERK - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 04:04:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: How many fractals have you personally made?  (Read 10333 times)
Description: A brief intro about how I got started, links to my site, and questions for y'all
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2009, 08:45:20 PM »

Logically we can conclude that you cannot feasibly at the same time:
2. keep "making fractals" at your current prodigious rate...
3. ... for more than 10 years.

Why not... ??

The human race has continued polluting the world, cutting down rain-forests, making biological toxins, increasing the global temperature, and many other things for decades/centuries/millennia...   Why not make hundreds of thousands (or millions) of fractal images which will never totally be viewed by any one individual??

If he has the time, space, and patience to create that many, then that is his problem.     evil

Fractal_Artist
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2009, 12:55:07 AM »

Why not... ??

The human race has continued polluting the world, cutting down rain-forests, making biological toxins, increasing the global temperature, and many other things for decades/centuries/millennia...   Why not make hundreds of thousands (or millions) of fractal images which will never totally be viewed by any one individual??

If he has the time, space, and patience to create that many, then that is his problem.     evil

Umm...thanks for the defense?

Fractal_Artist
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2009, 01:26:04 AM »

This model of fractal production does not work.

Why not?

It just isn't sustainable: after just 10 years you will have produced 390000 fractals if you stick with your "powerful" Duron 1.2 GHz (so no accounting for Moore's law).

I don't own a Duron PC.  I think you may be confused with something I wrote.  Whether I wrote it here or on my web site I do  not recall.  I was allowed to use a Duron 1.2 GHz PC at a time when I was mostly using a 500MHz AMD K6-2.  I went from 10,000 per year on the half Giga Hertz machine to 30,000 to 35,000 in one year on the faster one.  That was cool for me.  Forgive me if I am mistaken.  I thought fractals were supposed to have limitless realms from which a person can explore, create,  and discover new shapes.

Come to think of it, if I were to count the individual frames of my fractal animations I would be a good bit closer to that lofty 390,000 goal.  And it would have been achieved in five years or less, not ten.

At this stage a reluctant user forced to view the whole gallery in "just" one day (4 sittings of 2 hours) would have to watch a 10x10 grid of frame-animations at 20 FPS, almost certainly causing permanent brain damage tongue stuck out

Ly, did you go and hurt yourself again??  For a person who insists that they are right about so much, you make some boneheaded decisions some times.  Why on earth would you look at anything under those circumstances?  Is that the sort of computing array you possess?  Jeez if you do you talk about me wasting my time...

1. insist that viewers see the whole gallery instead of judging any particular subset

1. I have not insisted that anyone do anything they do not wish to do.  Nor did I say it had to be in a single sitting (or any other prescribed manner of observation).

2. My statement above shows that I have the means to do it with relatively modest computing in far less time than you have calculated.

3.  What is up with the 10 year limit?  I've been at it since 1994.  That's more than 10 years of making fractals.  Still going strong with no signs of letting up.

Ly,

What sort of computer did you use for that silvery/metal-like 3D rendering of yours?  How long did you spend making it?  What was its final resolution?  How often do you make 3D fractal shapes like this?  Do you feel that "making fractals" is a waste of your time?  Should you let others dictate your behavior simply because they do not think you should be doing it?  Or that you should xchnage how you do things because they feel their way is superior?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 01:32:29 AM by Fractal_Artist, Reason: I left out a point at the end. » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: