Logo by bib - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 11:31:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Mandelbulber 1.13-1 - NetRender also for Windows  (Read 20944 times)
Buddhi
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2013, 01:43:31 PM »

I have a 20-node beowulf-type cluster that I plan to run Mandelbulber on.  It is 64 bit Linux, so I won't be having problems with the software's ability to make sockets.  However, the problem is that the slave nodes don't have graphical environments.  I need to run Mandelbulber on the slaves with --nogui mode, but then there appears to be no way to turn on the Image > Client mode without the GUI, using command line.  Is there any way I can turn on the program client from the command line, or could this be implemented?

Will be OK to have only clients working without GUI? I have just finished client mode and it should work now without graphical environment. Now I only need to do packages and do some testing to deploy it. With server will be more complicated to do changes in the program. That's why I'm asking.

C
Forums Newbie

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2013, 03:06:02 AM »

Awesome!

I looked around the forums and somehow I missed where other people have asked about this specific aspect, but I am glad it is coming.

Edit:  Just saw the second page.
Yes, having this implemented in just the client is perfectly fine, the server computer has a normal, accessible X environment where I can do the server mode manually.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 03:09:34 AM by C » Logged
Buddhi
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2013, 07:59:41 PM »

I have just published new version of Mandelbulber. It has possible to run NetRender client without graphics environment (via terminal, ssh session). However to run it must be installed libgtk because it's the same program as for running under X.
To establish connection first you have to start all clients, then enable the server and click "scan". It should find automatically all clients and show number of them (clients will also confirm connection). After this disable "scan" function. Finally it's ready for rendering.

Example of command line:
mandelbulber -nogui -ip 192.168.0.2 -port 5555 -lowmem
   where:
-ip - IP addres of server
-port - network port of server (default is 5555)
-nogui - starts application without GUI
-lowmem (recomended) - disables functions which consume memory - it reduces memory usage dramatically in noGUI mode and there is no difference in rendering

When clients are run in -lowmem mode, server MUST be also started with -lowmem parameter
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 08:01:20 PM by Buddhi » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: