Logo by Fiery - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 24, 2024, 11:30:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Adding Signature To Your Work  (Read 1473 times)
darciamoonz
Forums Freshman

« on: November 22, 2012, 11:27:47 PM »

Hey guys. I was wondering how you feel about adding your signature to the work you create. I have thought about it many times, but have yet to make a decision. My reasons for wanting to sign/watermark my creations isn't because I think it will be, I don't know,  stolen and then sold for some phenomenal amount of Benjamins that could have been mine, but more for recognition. Although I have a long way to go in creating things that could be hung up on the wall of some Hollywood Super Star, I do put in a lot of time in just like others into the creation of my "masterpieces". Half of me feels like I will be insulting those who do happen upon anything that I've made. So I wanted your views on this because I see that some people do and some don't. I guess I am curious as to your reasons. Thanks in advance to those who reply back Azn

If you press that thingy, you'll get a whowhatchamacallit
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 11:49:18 PM »

a small signature is fine in my point of view, it should not destroy the image - so small enough - but easy recognisable, and somehow stylish, e.g. your real handsignature scanned, but as well a symbol could be used for this

for the stealing point ... the low quality images for example in the gallery are not really worth "stealing" because the resolution wouldnt be enough to do something reasonable with it, e.g. printing big one for a wall...

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
darciamoonz
Forums Freshman

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 04:10:30 PM »

That's what I've been wanting to do. I have a gallery on my website that I've been working on filling and would like to add some here too. I have so many saved on the computer, just never put them up. I didn't put any sigs on those images, but think I scare people away with my list of do's and don'ts up there lol. That wasn't my intention. It sounded good when I put them up, but when I went back and read them myself I was kind of offended by my own writing. I started putting them up originally in jpg (300x300) format, but some of them need to be larger to see the detail, so I switched to larger png format. I think the biggest is something like 1000x1000. The big image actually is the one I was trying to add to gallery up here, but it was too big. I have to go back and resize it to meet the min/max size of 500mb. I am going to make use of those fonts that I have and find a nice little area and just add a signature. Thank you a million times over CK for your reply. :-)

If you press that thingy, you'll get a whowhatchamacallit
lenord
Fractal Bachius

No Matter where you go there you are

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 07:15:12 PM »

I always use a Sig in a corner of my images I post online but nothing large enough to detract from the image. I also NEVER post the Full Resolution Original image either, only Resanpled/resized 72dpi, steal it if you want you'll never get a good large print from that.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: