Logo by Maya - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 11:34:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Flytrap  (Read 566 times)
kabuki
Forums Freshman

« on: November 13, 2012, 05:03:10 PM »

Flytrap

http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=12755

Another image I made several years ago with Visions of Chaos, utilizing the zoom feature.
matsoljare
Fractal Lover

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 09:16:37 PM »

Wow, that's a height map right?
Pauldelbrot
Fractal Senior

pderbyshire2
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 09:53:13 PM »

Repeating Zooming Self-Silimilar Thumb Up, by Craig

kabuki
Forums Freshman

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 08:17:03 AM »

Wow, that's a height map right?

Thanks, guys. I made that image over 10 years ago with Visions of Chaos. I can't remember what the exact setting were that I used and no longer the free version I did it with to duplicate it. It had a 3D option and a zoom feature you could use with it and is loosely how I remember making it.

I have a few other images similar to it in different color schemes that I'll post as soon as the forum lets me. It tells me there is a 1 per day limit to upload to a gallery, but I might upload some to tinypic.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 06:16:00 PM by kabuki » Logged
kabuki
Forums Freshman

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 06:14:11 PM »

Here are some more that were done with VoC using the same technique:

Softology
Conqueror

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 03:00:26 AM »

Here is how the top one looks rendered with the latest version of Visions Of Chaos (view full image to see the details).  The main change is that it uses the log smoothed continuous potential method (CPM) values for the heights so it really helps bring out the branching structures.

Jason.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 03:01:59 AM by Softology » Logged
kabuki
Forums Freshman

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 04:01:50 AM »

Here is how the top one looks rendered with the latest version of Visions Of Chaos (view full image to see the details).  The main change is that it uses the log smoothed continuous potential method (CPM) values for the heights so it really helps bring out the branching structures.

Jason.

Hi, Jason. I tried getting the new trial version of Visions of Chaos running under wine on my FreeBSD machine today but ran into some errors and couldn't get it to work, and I don't have a Windows box.

VoC was the first fractal program I ever used and I absolutely loved it. I had an old free version so that tells you how long ago it was, but if I could get it running under wine would go ahead and buy the full version just to have it again. I've gotten countless hours of enjoyment out of it and highly recommend it.
Dinkydau
Fractal Senior

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 04:26:30 AM »

Interesting effect

kabuki
Forums Freshman

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 06:21:30 PM »

Here are a couple more that put things into perspective:

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: