Logo by wmauzey - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 11:00:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Nearing professional results, but need some help with render issues at edges  (Read 745 times)
Alef
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2012, 04:11:46 PM »

Colors are maybe even a bit de-saturated for my purposes if you can believe it... again, it's a background for a music video.  Looking for maximum visual impact as opposed to realism.
I just found green and purple too, ... I would stand for a blue and yellow, like ukrainian flag. But of corse it is just my opinion. And it depends on musical stile, purple and green probably would fit emo and teenager tastes. I heard, that in psychology purple colour represents some unsatisfaction, what emo realy is all about.

Once we discussed, what colours should be used for neo jew (young adult) community and stick for dark navy blue and yellow.

fractal catalisator
gregsage
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2012, 04:41:09 PM »

OK, thx.

I've spent some time with the DEAO, and it just seems noisy to me on this image... especially with MaxL settings above 1.

Can I fix it with the border settings for SSAO?  What would an appropriate border setting be for a 1920x1080 image with (with 2x oversampling for anti-alias)?

gregsage
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2012, 02:48:05 PM »

I just found green and purple too, ... I would stand for a blue and yellow, like ukrainian flag. But of corse it is just my opinion. And it depends on musical stile, purple and green probably would fit emo and teenager tastes. I heard, that in psychology purple colour represents some unsatisfaction, what emo realy is all about.

Once we discussed, what colours should be used for neo jew (young adult) community and stick for dark navy blue and yellow.

It just has to fit the foreground, the previous and next shot, the tone of the music...  I make pop dance music, so key demographic is 18-25.  There are lots of synthetic elements (vocoders, synthesizers), and looking to match that.  ALL the colors in every element of foreground and background are cranked in vibrance.  Lead characters are actually rendered as cartoons and laid on top, so very synthetic.

Think a more tech-oriented version of Fresh Prince and Jazzy Jeff videos like Parents Just Don't Understand where everything was bright, graffiti soaked, and abstract... and you get the idea.  So, yeah... purple and green... and don't forget obnoxiously bright orange.

Anyway, quite concerned about this edge thing.  I'm setting up a mini render farm at my house where I'll have 4-5 computers rendering 24/7 to get these backgrounds done.  I have another one going right now based on (Theli's?) "Whipped Cream".  I did lots of tests before final render, but this is an issue that doesn't look wrong in stills, and it's not until a relatively decent quality animation is rendered that it shows up... now I'm wondering if the other one going now will be ok.

So... let's talk border settings.  Do I need to render a couple hundred pixels beyond on each side, or is there a right setting for the border on the SSAO options?  I like the overall aesthetic Much better using SSAO than DEAO.  I'm just not able to match results at all.  So which way does the border go?  Is the border setting only affecting reflections as it mentions, or ambient shadows as well?  It says range up to .9... would .9 be the setting that looks the furthest out?  Not quite sure from reading it which way the scale goes.  Bottom line... will my issue go away if I use SSAO24 with border setting of .9?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: