Logo by Fiery - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 10:42:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: fractal animation music video projects  (Read 1568 times)
escapetime
Forums Newbie

« on: June 08, 2012, 12:38:24 AM »

We are an instrumental band called Escape Time.  Most of our song titles are inspired in some way by fractal geometry and/or chaos theory.

You're looking for music to use with your fractal animations, but you're worried about copyright issues.  We would like to use some interesting animations as visual background to some of our live shows, and I don't have the time to make them myself at the moment.

Proposal:
We will grant you permission to use tracks that we have released in your videos and post them on YouTube or anywhere else, as long as you give appropriate credit (name, song title, year, link to web site, etc).  If/when we use your video during a performance, we will be sure to give you credit for the work you've done.  No money or contracts would be involved.  We do, of course, own the rights to our music, as do you for your animations, so if credit isn't given, that's not cool.

Also, it would be very cool if you were willing to work through timing your animations to somehow appropriately fit the changing mood of a song, using color/gradient changes or whatever else.  I know that can become difficult, of course.  I've done some animating myself, using Ultra Fractal, but like I said, I'm short on free time.  This is by no means a requirement - just a thought.

If interested, e-mail us at escapetimemusic@gmail.com or just go ahead and have fun with it.     smiley
Band URL:  http://www.escapetimemusic.com
Best way to stream mp3's: http://escapetime.bandcamp.com

Thanks,
Chris
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: