Logo by dainbramage - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 27, 2024, 04:44:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: A Seahorse Odyssey XXIX  (Read 449 times)
Pauldelbrot
Fractal Senior

pderbyshire2
« on: April 15, 2012, 04:37:57 AM »

A Seahorse Odyssey XXIX

http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=11010

On the hair inside the seahorse-head spiral near the microbrot is this seahorse jewel. The microbrot tendril's influence is buried deep in the heart of that central twinned spiral and won't become apparent for several more zooms.

asimes
Fractal Lover

asimes
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 05:20:56 AM »

Beautiful, looks almost like a Julia set with tendrils
Pauldelbrot
Fractal Senior

pderbyshire2
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 05:41:14 AM »

It basically is, although this is a Mandelbrot image. The earlier posts titled "A Seahorse Odyssey" something are all outzooms from here, leading back to a big minibrot at a shallow magnification.

The phenomenon is more general; zoom into the "nodes" along the filaments around a minibrot and you'll find what I call "jewels" that are basically copies of disconnected Julia sets that are held together by more filaments. If you're in the minibrot's Seahorse Valley you get Seahorse Valley Julia sets, for example.

In this instance, we're in Seahorse Valley of a shallow minibrot and close to a tendril of a much deeper minibrot. The nearly-straight whiskers are filaments of the shallow minibrot, so the jewels are Seahorse Valley ones and are large compared to the filament. ("A Seahorse Odyssey XXVIII" has most of the filament, and the jewels can be seen as diamond-shaped objects strung along it that are fairly large.) Zooming deep into this jewel should reveal one associated with the deep minibrot, much smaller compared to the filament. The deep minibrot's filaments are the seahorses and spirals around here, so the deep jewel's features will be held together by a tapestry of seahorses and seahorse tails rather than just whiskers. But any sufficiently deep zoom into these, in turn, will end up showing areas that are separated and held together with only whiskers. Such zooms will be forthcoming in this series.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 07:25:30 AM by Pauldelbrot » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: