Logo by visual - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 26, 2024, 02:18:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: New animation video with antialiasing completed  (Read 2457 times)
Description: New animation video with antialiasing completed
ianc101
« on: May 18, 2008, 06:59:40 AM »

I just modified my frame generation program to automatically detect the number of processors and spawn one process for each core and took the opportunity to produce a new video, with some of the zoom sequences antialiased.  The video is on my home page at:

http://www.mandelmania.net

There is a previous video on the gallery page.  Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Ian
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 07:45:20 AM »

ello, welcome to ff dude tongue stuck out

i'm dlz the movie now, good speeds, looking forward to it; btw, consider checking out the free x264 codec, it's state of the art (and well-supported in all hd players) and scales very well with cpu cores for compression (i get 140fps encoding with my q6600).

ianc101
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 08:26:35 AM »

Thanks for the tip.  Is there a web player that will play x264-encoded files?  My video right now on my website is a Flash video...  not bad quality but definitely room for improvement.

Ian
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 08:28:54 AM by ianc101 » Logged
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 08:31:58 AM »

you mean a flash or java based player? euhm, not that i know of, the processing requirements are substantially greater than previous parts of the mp4 standard, so it's unlikely at this stage.

Duncan C
Fractal Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 03:42:44 PM »

I just modified my frame generation program to automatically detect the number of processors and spawn one process for each core and took the opportunity to produce a new video, with some of the zoom sequences antialiased.  The video is on my home page at:

There is a previous video on the gallery page.  Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Ian

Ian,

Welcome to ff.

Nice job on the movie. My only complaint is that it's a little long. I didn't make it through the whole thing.

A couple things on your applet:

-The initial plot looks distorted on the x axis. The main disk does not look circular, and the cardioid looks misshapen somehow.
 -What do the "X Left", "X Right" "Y Top" and "Y Bottom" boxes do? Are they supposed to be input boxes for min and max real and complex values? The boxes are about 1/3 the width of a single character on my screen (A Mac running OS X v 10.5.2 and Safari v 3.1.1.)

Duncan C

Regards,

Duncan C
ianc101
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 10:49:21 AM »

Thanks,
Ian

Ian,

Welcome to ff.

Nice job on the movie. My only complaint is that it's a little long. I didn't make it through the whole thing.

A couple things on your applet:

-The initial plot looks distorted on the x axis. The main disk does not look circular, and the cardioid looks misshapen somehow.
 -What do the "X Left", "X Right" "Y Top" and "Y Bottom" boxes do? Are they supposed to be input boxes for min and max real and complex values? The boxes are about 1/3 the width of a single character on my screen (A Mac running OS X v 10.5.2 and Safari v 3.1.1.)

Duncan C

Thanks for the feedback!

Hmm, it looks like I have a slight bug in my Java applet in my "symmetrical about" option that slightly distorts the initial display of the Mandelbrot set.  If you zoom in or out, however, the fractal will display correctly.

Yes, the X Left and X Right are the real components, and the Y Top and Y Bottom are the imaginary components of the complex values.  I'm curious about why the text fields show up that way under Mac OS X...  they display fine on XP, Vista, and Linux with the most current JVM (Sun Java 1.6 Updates 5 and 6), and display fine on Safari on Vista.  Unfortunately I don't have a Mac OS X machine (they are so darn expensive compared to PCs) to test my applet on--perhaps in the future I can look into this to fix it somehow.

Ian
ianc101
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 05:07:45 AM »

I believe I've fixed the text field display in the Mandelmania applet as it appears on MacOS X.  If anyone can confirm this, please let me know.  Also, I've made a lot of additional improvements.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: