Logo by HPDZ - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 10:59:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Arthur C. Clarke explains fractals  (Read 25669 times)
GKStill
Forums Freshman

Prof. Dr. G. Keith Still FIMA FICPEM

Xenofractals XenoFractals
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2012, 09:27:05 AM »

Great stuff. I had the pleasure of corresponding with Arthur C. Clarke and talking with Benoit Mandlebrot. Here's a quote from the great man on my Xenofractal project.

"More importantly, it seems to me that what you were generating is something much more impressive than Fractal Patterns. What you're really showing is views of our galaxy, in the far future when we've had time to do a little landscape gardening." Arthur C. Clarke (Nov 1994).

Oh....and Prof. Ian Stewart was my Prof at University for my PhD.

Truly an honour to meet and work with the greats.

Keith
www.Xenofractals.com

Strange Non-Chaotic Attractors
www.Xenofractals.com
KingOfOwls
Forums Newbie

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2013, 03:07:06 AM »

I had trouble following the link - seemed to be broken.  But I know the documentary, one of the most lovely introductions to fractals and the Mandelbrot Set!
Robert
GKStill
Forums Freshman

Prof. Dr. G. Keith Still FIMA FICPEM

Xenofractals XenoFractals
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2013, 10:27:55 AM »

Been updating websites and blogs - now have some of my work on youtube

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uklvx806qdo&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/Uklvx806qdo&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

Just one example of the xenofractal (these are akin to living organisms as you can see).

Would be interested in my feedback/comments.

Kind regards,

Keith

Strange Non-Chaotic Attractors
www.Xenofractals.com
jordanbills
Forums Newbie

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2014, 09:40:24 PM »

I just watched 'The Colors of Infinity on Vimeo for those interested. <a href="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=82672101&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=01AAEA" target="_blank">http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=82672101&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=01AAEA</a>
jehovajah
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

May a trochoid in the void bring you peace

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2017, 11:15:24 AM »

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=56gzV0od6DU
The genius of Mandelbrot

The doctrine of Topological Ideation we call geometry! The Formenlehre of Hermanns Grassmann. We pick out the uniform to measure the differences, but nobody tells us this nowadays, or rather formerly. Now young people know about fractals, but not to look back to Euclid and the ancients.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 08:53:35 PM by jehovajah » Logged

May a trochoid of ¥h¶h iteratively entrain your Logos Response transforming into iridescent fractals of orgasmic delight and joy, with kindness, peace and gratitude at all scales within your experience. I beg of you to enrich others as you have been enriched, in vorticose pulsations of extravagance!
M Benesi
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2017, 02:55:22 AM »

Last one was sort of cool.  Might have seen it before... because it is similar to other videos. 

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: