Logo by mclarekin - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 27, 2024, 10:12:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Continiue old animations and endless rendering  (Read 1621 times)
public_v0id
« on: January 12, 2011, 05:46:42 PM »

There are 2 behaviours of Mandelbulb3d i don't really understand:
1) If I render an animation with 800 frames for example, the rendering continiues after the 800th frame is reached.
2) If I render an animation with a few keyframes completely, then decide to add a few more keyframes and continiue the rendering then there are small gaps between
the frames of the first and the second rendering.

// greets & thanks for the great program,
public void d0lph();

edit: Just noticed there's a new version of M3D, haven't tried it with the new one, but probably it's the same since there's nothing about it in the changelog.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 05:55:44 PM by public_v0id » Logged
The Rev
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 05:53:18 PM »

I find it only goes past the last numbered frame if I am rendering in quadratic bezier mode.  I would imagine that the gaps you see after adding new frames occur in the same mode.  If you switch to linear, you shouldn't have that problem.

The Rev
public_v0id
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 06:04:05 PM »

I find it only goes past the last numbered frame if I am rendering in quadratic bezier mode.  I would imagine that the gaps you see after adding new frames occur in the same mode.  If you switch to linear, you shouldn't have that problem.

The Rev

Thanks for answering.
I had a feeling, that it had something to do with that wink.
But i don't want to switch to linear, I like the accelleration smiley
Do you know why this happens? I haven't implemented quadratic interpolation myself, so I can't imagine completly why it shouldn't hit the keyframes directly.
Has it something to do with accelleration-irregularities that may happen while switching to the next keyframe or are the routes from frame n to n+1 and from n+1 to n+2 smoothen into each other?

greets & wishes
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 08:00:36 PM by public_v0id » Logged
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 11:15:28 PM »

If you want the best of both worlds  (bezier and hitting all keyframes)  just duplicate the keyframes you definitely want it to hit (even the first one) and set the number of frames to the next frame (the second identical frame) to zero. 

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
public_v0id
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 02:14:13 PM »

If you want the best of both worlds  (bezier and hitting all keyframes)  just duplicate the keyframes you definitely want it to hit (even the first one) and set the number of frames to the next frame (the second identical frame) to zero. 

Thanks for the answer.
Will try this in my next animation.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: