Logo by kr0mat1k - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. May 07, 2024, 05:42:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: 3 Main Mandelbox types (?) Illustration  (Read 3211 times)
Description: positive negative rotated mandelbox tglad
miqel
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2010, 11:15:03 PM »

That looks really cool Jessee! Rethinking my premise, Phi is a ratio of proportion, so I guess my thought with using Phi ratios doesn't make sense if applied to all planes. It might have interesting result with the right variations, like 1, Phi7, -Phi3 - or something like that. I'm new to rotating and trying to get a sense of how combos of pos and neg rotations will behave.
For example are there are probably some number combos that produce more spirals, and if you double those numbers does it double the effect or produce a different one? Since i'm not a mathematician i just like to come up with ideas and tinker, and hopefully find some generalizations. I got really intuitive with the Mandelbrot set after a few years, where i could accurately guess where to find certain shapes.

Slightly off topic ... in the more extreme rotations (higher numbers) I apply in Mandelbulber, the image becomes pixelated or jagged, is there some setting to compensate for this? I tried DE step factor and resolution without much luck.

Here's an example - it has the same settings as the boxes in my last post, but looks like crap
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2010, 11:38:59 PM »

The golden spiral could be an equivalent for the case of rotations, so if you have a certain scale parameter, what determines the length factor of the rotated segments, you might have to use a certain angle to get close to a golden spiral...  just an idea.

(I like the mandelbulber pics, for the issues with higher rotation Buddhi might have an answer - what i also like to hear in case i want to make the rotations on the planes too)
KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2010, 09:30:34 AM »

Nice idea, Miqel.  Dunno if these have to be another category, maybe they have more variety in shapes but this has to be dicovered more...

Some 3d cuts from 4d rotated boxes:

Wooooahhhh, MY PRECIOUS.... Cool J, looking forward to explore these new worlds!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: