Logo by AGUS - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 27, 2024, 08:25:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: suggestion for mandelbulb 3dv1.6.5  (Read 2201 times)
petrus romanus
« on: November 04, 2010, 08:10:00 AM »

in the futur it's will be good to export in obj formats for exemple to export in Bryce

it's the only thing is missing

best regards

petrus romanus
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 02:24:56 PM »

The problem is that DE based renderes have not much in common with the obj-format, you would need to program a complete different pipeline to get the informations to generate a triangle mesh of all the surface(s!) or something like that.

I also heard that an obj file that would contain all the informations of a high-res fractal image would easily get to huge for practical use.

And just to get a low resolution triangle mesh i have not the ambition to write all it what took.  Azn
(+ too much other things that waits to be done)
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 04:02:59 PM »

@petrus romanus, I've never used Bryce. For my edification, what would you do in Bryce that you cannot do in M3D?

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
The Rev
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 04:47:28 PM »

Is transparency possible in object coloring?  I can think of few applications for that... cheesy

The Rev
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 04:50:38 PM »

good point. I don't think that's possible in M3D. One more item in Jesse's to do wink

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
petrus romanus
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 06:25:07 PM »

in this exemple I export only the texture mandelbulb

http://cjoint.com/data/0lfqxcY4nSP.htm

Thunderwave
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 07:28:34 PM »

I had a Bryce render of the Sierpinski Triangle (Pyramid) but it crashed over night.  It wasn't too slow at all and Bryce only used one CPU.  It was fun to mess with the idea but really wasn't as cool as M3D.  I would have posted a movie had it not crashed.  Then I had to reinstall windows due to Ubuntu not working and RAID 1 failing.  Since then I have not tried to reproduce it.  I may some day, but who knows when.
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 08:48:04 PM »

ehhh, help me for understanding: what do you mean with a transparency object color?

Should the background shine through so that you make some unwanted objects vanish, maybe?
(To make the object itself transparent with regards to behind objects it not that easy, of course)

Topic Bryce:
if you have a surface mesh you can easily use OpenGL or DirectX to produce fast renderings with
the graphic card, i know.
So if i would make the effort of programming surface meshes, i would use it first for a fast navigator...
and exporting would maybe the next step.  smiley
But i would not expect this in the next year...  sad

The Rev
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 09:35:22 PM »

I was thinking of object transparency, so that objects behind could be seen.  I figured it would be more work than it was worth, but I thought I'd ask anyway.  Thanks. cheesy

The Rev
Tatty
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010, 08:14:21 PM »

There are 1 or 2 existing fractal programs that export to 3d formats. I hope Jesse wont mind me mentioning them as they dont really specialize in the same area MB3D does.

One is Incendia and a commercial one called Xenodream.

As mentioned, exported 3D fractal meshes, in whatever format, can get extremely large and even then its still a comprise in the amount of detail they can hold.

Dont expect the fractal mesh, once imported into Bryce or whatever 3d application you use to have anything like the surface detail of a MB3D render. Having said that some form of 3D export would be good. There are plenty of 3D artist's out there who would make use of it.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: