Logo by HPDZ - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 27, 2024, 07:09:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: FractalCosmology  (Read 4889 times)
Description: Lets talk about the fractal nature of the universe.
FractalWoman
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2010, 08:00:41 PM »

So, the Buddhabrot set, the set of all points from the outside of the Mandelbrot set sometimes referred to as the anti-Mandelbrot Set, generates a unified field (of points) which happens to look a lot like a seated buddha figure. This I do not believe is a coincidence. Buddhism is all about consciousness and getting to the "center" which I like to think of singularity. Buddhism talks about a "voidness that is all inclusive". They talk about infinite possibilities. The universe can be infinitely vast or infinitely small depending on the scale of measurement. They see the universe as larger structures embracing lower ones in a structure extending ad infinitum in both directions to the infinitely large or the infinitely small. This is referred to as the "view of realms-embracing-realms". Sounds a lot like a fractal hierarchy to me.

When I look at Buddhabrot closely I see an "all-embracing" figure, arms stretch out embracing all the lower realms. Buddhabrot embraces all realms and therefore represents the meta-realm.

* ColourBuddha Small.jpg (48.5 KB, 600x750 - viewed 357 times.)
ker2x
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2010, 08:25:48 PM »

So, the Buddhabrot set, the set of all points from the outside of the Mandelbrot set sometimes referred to as the anti-Mandelbrot Set, generates a unified field (of points) which happens to look a lot like a seated buddha figure. This I do not believe is a coincidence. Buddhism is all about consciousness and getting to the "center" which I like to think of singularity. Buddhism talks about a "voidness that is all inclusive". They talk about infinite possibilities. The universe can be infinitely vast or infinitely small depending on the scale of measurement. They see the universe as larger structures embracing lower ones in a structure extending ad infinitum in both directions to the infinitely large or the infinitely small. This is referred to as the "view of realms-embracing-realms". Sounds a lot like a fractal hierarchy to me.

When I look at Buddhabrot closely I see an "all-embracing" figure, arms stretch out embracing all the lower realms. Buddhabrot embraces all realms and therefore represents the meta-realm.

Hummm...

The buddhabrot show the orbit of all point that are outside of the mandelbrot set.
If you see "arms" or "paths", it is because exactly what you're supposed to see when you track an orbit, it was programmed to do that (and it does) smiley
The anti-buddhabrot is the same thing, but for plot that are inside of the mandelbrot set (and not "outside", that why it's called "anti"). and is really borring to explore  sad

It also work with other formula, not only z=z²+c

BTW, here at fractalforums we already know the answer to the great question about life, universe, and everything... and it's not z=z²+c

Edit : never heard about the "anti-mandelbrot"
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 09:14:36 PM by ker2x » Logged

often times... there are other approaches which are kinda crappy until you put them in the context of parallel machines
(en) http://www.blog-gpgpu.com/ , (fr) http://www.keru.org/ ,
Sysadmin & DBA @ http://www.over-blog.com/
FractalWoman
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2010, 10:29:36 PM »

The Mandelbrot Set is the set of all points that don't reach escape velocity, ie. the inside points only. The Buddhabrot set is generated using points that DO reach escape velocity, ie. the outside points.

So, the Buddhabrot set is the Anti-Mandelbrot set and the Mandelbrot set is the anti-buddhabrot set.

I guess I'm the only one that says anti-mandelbrot but what I am saying is technically correct (regardless of what algorithm we are using to render images).

it was programmed to do that (and it does)

huh? Not sure what you mean by this. We are just following trajectories that are inherent in the system. It wasn't "programmed to do that" it just does it. The orbits or trajectories are emergent properties of the iteration process. These orbits are both deterministic and unpredictable (at least the first time you run the algorithm). Deterministic in the sense that the next position in the orbit is directly determined by the previous point. Unpredictable in the sense that we can never know what the next value is going to be exactly until we run it through the equation.

BTW, here at fractalforums we already know the answer to the great question about life, universe, and everything

Please enlighten me. I'm all EARS... and please don't say 42!!! Because I know for a fact that it is the irrational number 42.83712038127394837129...

A Buddhabrot rendering is basically 2D histogram of the orbits, could be thought of as a probability density, the brighter points having a higher probability and the darker points having a lower probability of getting "hit" by one of the trajectories. So in that sense, it is a unified field in that you need ALL the points (outside points) or at least a good number of them in order to render the complete Buddhabrot image.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: