Logo by bib - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 10:11:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: The Mandelbrot INTERNAL set  (Read 9535 times)
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2006, 12:18:34 AM »

David Makin wrote:
>
>    Hi Charles - hope you don't think I was "lecturing" !!
>    I was simply quoting from my own experience....

Seemed to be more like what specific other people do, trying to promote a certain fractal generator, instead of offering several choices for others to decide as to what they prefer.      wink

And besides, some people enjoy doing their own coding so they know exactly what is going on.

>
>    ....I investigated Ultrafractal while still working on MMFrac and
>    realised there was no point re-inventing the wheel  wink
>    so switched to writing formulas for Ultrafractal instead.

But as has been seen in the past, with not only UF but other fractal generators, it requires one to accept what/how the fractal generator uses/interprets the "formula".  An individual is forced to rely on the "program" to handle it correctly, which does not always happen.

By coding one's own program, and then compiling it into a program that can be run, this gives absolute control over what all is REALLY going on.

Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2006, 12:28:17 AM »

Charles Wehner wrote:
>
>    I hope nobody thinks that I am trying to "lecture" them.
>    I am exploring, and discovering aspects that I myself did
>    not know.  These things I put on show.  And again, I say
>    there is no point in swapping tools after I have set myself
>    up, and am succeeding.

I have never thought that you were lecturing.  I personally appreciate your exploring/discovering, and that you take the time to share those aspects with everyone on this Forum.  I hope you continue to do so!!     smiley

But just remember, there are many out there that are more into promoting a specific fractal generator (and they can be very hard-headed, and at times spiteful or vindictive if spurned).    tongue stuck out

David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2006, 03:09:43 AM »

Just to point out that I did suggest ChaosPro as well as Ultrafractal  smiley
I didn't suggest any others because for writing your own formulas I haven't yet found any other serious alternatives - apart from coding it yourself in assembler.
I was also taking into consideration the number of formulas already publicly available that you can learn from - here the only serious rival to Ultrafractal is Fractint.
If I'd simply been recommending a program for creating fractal images then I'd have given a much longer list.

The meaning and purpose of life is to give life purpose and meaning.

http://www.fractalgallery.co.uk/
"Makin' Magic Music" on Jango
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: