Logo by Khaotik - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 01:58:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Problems with dark forum theme and LaTex (and some extra stuff)  (Read 3538 times)
kram1032
Fractal Senior

« on: September 06, 2016, 09:49:03 AM »

So a while ago I changed my forum theme to something dark because I like dark modes. However, the theme has a bunch of flaws. First of all, check out how the text editor interface looks like:

There are a bunch of unaccoutned for white spaces, most emoticons have a slightly white outline making them look ugly and some (see beer) are outright missing transparency.

On a side-note, when will the TeX-button image be fixed?

However, all that isn't too big a deal. The REAL problem is LaTex:

- Good luck reading that!

Ideally I'd hope for these things to be fixed somehow. But I doubt that will happen any time soon, so I wanted to change back to a different theme.
Problem is, I kind of forgot how I got to that option in the first place and I can't seem to find it again. Can anybody help me relocate that menu?

Oh and one more thing: Anybody else getting this message at the bottom of the screen?
Fatal error: Call to undefined function get2by2host_copyright() in /homepages/40/d18898740/htdocs/SITES/fractalforums/Sources/Load.php(1755) : eval()'d code on line 254
I feel like that might be important, given that it claims to be fatal.
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 10:51:40 AM »

So a while ago I changed my forum theme to something dark because I like dark modes. However, the theme has a bunch of flaws. First of all, check out how the text editor interface looks like:
<Quoted Image Removed>
There are a bunch of unaccoutned for white spaces, most emoticons have a slightly white outline making them look ugly and some (see beer) are outright missing transparency.

On a side-note, when will the TeX-button image be fixed?

However, all that isn't too big a deal. The REAL problem is LaTex:
<Quoted Image Removed>
- Good luck reading that!

Ideally I'd hope for these things to be fixed somehow. But I doubt that will happen any time soon, so I wanted to change back to a different theme.
Problem is, I kind of forgot how I got to that option in the first place and I can't seem to find it again. Can anybody help me relocate that menu?

Oh and one more thing: Anybody else getting this message at the bottom of the screen?  I feel like that might be important, given that it claims to be fatal.

I'm not sure LaTeX can be fixed since it calls images to create the mathematical symbols, and they are black and white, so the black will blend into the background.  I could be wrong though since I never formatted that feature!

It's button looks fine on this end.  And I never encountered that error before, but rarely use LaTeX, so that may be why   hurt

As for changing the theme, I can help with that!

Go to your profile and click "Look and Layout Preferences" then find the "Change" link next to "Current Theme" and pick the one you like.

Screenshot attached in case it's needed.

* ff1.jpg (133.19 KB, 638x951 - viewed 370 times.)

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
kram1032
Fractal Senior

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 11:31:08 AM »

ok thanks, I changed back to the default theme now. While doing so I noticed a little bug on the theme changing site: The Be Cool theme always looks like the theme you currently have selected in the preview image, until you click on it to actually check how it looks like. Also, the error message I got at the bottom of the page seems to be related to theme selection: I got different ones for other themes and none for the default theme. Perhaps you could investigate that?

I really hope we'll someday get a better take on LaTex. MathJax renders so much more beautifully than these images do. Though I'm not sure that'd solve the color problem. Presumably MathJax also defaults to rendering LaTex text black unless you specifically tell it to render with some color.

The emoticons, meanwhile, I'm pretty sure, could be upgraded to properly work with other themes. Though of course that's quite a lot of work for what's ultimately not that important.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: