Logo by AGUS - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 17, 2024, 12:00:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Binary tree (small)  (Read 2006 times)
faceface
« on: October 30, 2006, 08:51:49 PM »

These were some very early images that I generated once I had my 'tree visualization' algorithm up and running. I liked the simple aesthetic of the binary tree. I was going to describe my algorithm here, but it will become clear when I post more pictures. The stark simplicity of these images make them look rather drab in comparison to some of the amazing images posted here. I am not sure if the simplicity of the image belies a mathematical complexity or simply more simplicity.

Drawing a line between the 'top' of each disk makes a straight line that intersects the central horizontal line. This cutting point is an infinite series of pi.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 08:53:27 PM by faceface » Logged
faceface
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 08:56:34 PM »

I am not sure if this forum is the place to 'spam', but I would be willing to sell some limited edition high resolution prints of some of my images. Please flame me if this is simply not the place to hock my shoddy images. All offers considered ;-)
heneganj
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 10:36:37 PM »

Love those circles.  The proper place to put links of a commercial nature is on this board:  http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?board=56.0 but please read the linking rules!  And I'd recommend of course including some thumbnails.

Your circles reminded me of this:

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: