Logo by kr0mat1k - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 12:11:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Happy New Christmandel Bunny 2.5D  (Read 972 times)
hobold
Fractal Bachius

« on: March 30, 2016, 05:47:18 PM »

Happy New Christmandel Bunny 2.5D

http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=18867

My earlier "Happy New Christmandel Bunny" 2D image was meant to be a stepping stone for a cool 3D-ified "Mandelcrater".

But it didn't really lead to an interesting image. In any variation of color, neither embossed nor standing out. Still, I want to document it.

In this particular visualization, it is fairly obvious how close the relationship is between inside coloring and outside coloring. All cardioids and all disks are centered on some conical mound, which extends beyond the disk/cardioid, spilling over the boundary of the Mandelbrot set.

As iteration depth increases, the number of mounds increases while their diameter shrinks. Smaller mounds are piled on top of larger ones, until finally the tiniest ones stick out of the ground like needles. This does "optically" converge towards the Mandelbrot set boundary, but in fact does not include centers of spirals or tips of antennas and such.

Ah well. Still not an interesting image. The flat one is nicer. :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: