Logo by mclarekin - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 26, 2024, 03:20:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: synthclipse global shader includes  (Read 1263 times)
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« on: July 13, 2015, 02:18:34 PM »

hi there, i open a new thread for that, because it takes some time to formulate

what me keeps me thinking is that the visible source code is not directly reusable in other shader environments, nowadays i play alot using resolume shaderloader plugin, which can directly load shaders from shadertoy, and the shadermaker which generates an ffgl plugin out of a shadertoy shader

http://vjunion.net/t/shaderloader-ffgl-plugin/525
http://vjunion.net/t/shadermaker-for-windows-osx-turn-shadertoy-to-ffgl/596

so far so good

- the includes that are added to the source codes, couldnt that be dealt with like a global include mechanism based on the type ?

- because the "synthlipse.h" include does not need to be visible/editable in the source code, this could be as well some kind of global include, which could be an editable text which is inserted on every shader

for my example above i would use that feature in a way to extend the default parameters with iParam2...iParam4 of type vec4 so when copying the source code i can just make CTRL-A CTRL-C and have the ready to use code for my plugin environment wink

so its really all about making the visible editable code directly compatible in terms of include directives, and my proposed solution for that would be to make it in the background, for comptibilities sake the existing mechanism should work in a way that no global type/include is assigned to them wink

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
_revers_
Conqueror

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 04:04:54 PM »

If I understand you correctly you would like to get rid of:
Code:
#ifdef SYNTHCLIPSE
#include <synthclipse>
#endif
right? I don't think it is an easy task. I would have to go deeper into Eclipse CDT internals to figure out how to force parser to always implicitly include "synthclipse.h" file. Right now I don't plan doing such time consuming tasks for Synthclipse development.
The other option is to add simple exporter that trims off unnecessary stuff. Maybe I could write it for. Just tell me what should be included in the output of such exporter. Should it be something like the code shown in the Code Preview View (all included files merged into one file)?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 04:27:38 PM by _revers_ » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: