Logo by haltenny - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 10:12:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Zoom into pattern centroid - version 1.3.15 is available  (Read 4377 times)
Botond Kósa
Fractal Lover

« on: June 16, 2015, 12:52:21 AM »

I have uploaded a small update, 1.3.15. Two bugs were fixed, and a new experimental feature was added: the image can be zoomed into the pattern centroid by clicking a button in the upper toolbar. Unlike the Find minibrot feature of KFR, it's not automated yet as it's still a bit unreliable, but it can still speed up exploring significantly. The zoom increase can be set in the Settings toolbox under Zoom steps by double click.

Check out my Mandelbrot set explorer:
http://web.t-online.hu/kbotond/mandelmachine/
Dinkydau
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 04:14:42 AM »

That sounds super useful.

stardust4ever
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 02:47:36 AM »

I have uploaded a small update, 1.3.15. Two bugs were fixed, and a new experimental feature was added: the image can be zoomed into the pattern centroid by clicking a button in the upper toolbar. Unlike the Find minibrot feature of KFR, it's not automated yet as it's still a bit unreliable, but it can still speed up exploring significantly. The zoom increase can be set in the Settings toolbox under Zoom steps by double click.
Thanks for this feature and my apologies for bumping the topic. I just downloaded and updated Mandel machine today. Currently I typically get abut 5 zooms per click by drawing tiny rectangles at really deep levels and I only need to wait for the first orbit to complete before I zoom another frame. The find centroid option is pretty useful for situation where I have say some large number of congruent objects lined up. Because the orbits are taking upwards of 50 seconds at extremely deep zoom levels and there's often several orbits before the image is complete, I actually have to wait longer by using the "find centroid" option than to just zoom normally. What I would love to have is an automatic "find centroid" feature so i can simply leave the computer and do other things while it slowly advances deeper into the set. Since I can usually predict where the next fork in the road or complex formation will be, it would also be nice to stop searching beyond a certain depth. With perturbation, rendering images, even up to 530 megapixels does not take weeks or months like it used to, but reaching a target formation often requires many long hours of manually advancing the fractal frame. This tends to be a rather tedious process and I would much rather spend my time doing other things. As it is right now, a simple script to simulate left mouse clicks while the pointer hovers over the button will suffice. Would it be that difficult to to an automated advance on the "find the centroid" option until the user cancels? This would be of great help to me, thanks.
Dinkydau
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 12:20:10 AM »

I agree with you. I find the centroid function very useful but I don't use it at great depths because it takes too long. Usually 1 or 2 reference points is enough to continue so it may also be a good idea to set a max number of reference points. Currently it can be only 1 or unlimited.

stardust4ever
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 02:22:38 AM »

I agree with you. I find the centroid function very useful but I don't use it at great depths because it takes too long. Usually 1 or 2 reference points is enough to continue so it may also be a good idea to set a max number of reference points. Currently it can be only 1 or unlimited.
Kalles Fraktaler has this new Newton-Raphson zooming method for finding minibrots, that I would love to be able to use in Mandel Machine. Sadly it only works with plain Mandelbrot (any order) and not the abs() fractals.
Pauldelbrot
Fractal Senior

pderbyshire2
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2016, 08:48:17 AM »

Please either fix the archive on the web site or point me to another download location -- web.t-online.hu/kbotond/mandelmachine/download/Mandel_Machine_1.3.15_x64.7z is corrupt, according to IZArc. All five files inside test as Failed.

Pauldelbrot
Fractal Senior

pderbyshire2
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2016, 09:34:49 AM »

Well, that's weird. Peazip can read your .7z files, but IZArc can't. This now looks like some sort of a compatibility problem, though all the unarchivers for a given format are supposed to be speaking exactly the same language ...

In any event, there's now less urgency, though this could cause trouble for other users.

stardust4ever
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2016, 10:40:54 AM »

Well, that's weird. Peazip can read your .7z files, but IZArc can't. This now looks like some sort of a compatibility problem, though all the unarchivers for a given format are supposed to be speaking exactly the same language ...

In any event, there's now less urgency, though this could cause trouble for other users.
I'm not sure if the author is still maintaining this software anymore. I have 7z on my Windows PC and have zero issues extracting. I know your pain though as I came across a .RAR file that didn't work with 7z, and had to install WinRAR to read it, which Avast automatically flagged the installer as a virus because it used a self-extractor. Had to disable antivirus for ten minutes to install WinRAR... hurt
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: