Logo by wmauzey - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 08:50:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Textured spirals  (Read 956 times)
Xrlcreative
Explorer

xrlcreative
« on: June 07, 2015, 04:42:19 PM »

HI, a relaxing one.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/qpEgmWLMsrg&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/qpEgmWLMsrg&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

Thanks for watching.
TruthSerum
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 07:14:52 PM »

It's nice smiley I also enjoyed the music.
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 08:51:48 PM »

I haven't tried Frax (for obvious reasons) yet, but I'm wondering if it does anything else because all these frax anims are basically the same thing, can you show us something we haven't seen or that is new or unique? Not to dampen your enthusiasm but ,really? another frax anim? Why don't you post these in the Frax Gallery? It would be far more interesting if you could demonstrate or highlight some unique feature, perhaps a small tutorial about how to make anims with frax or.... well hopefully you get the picture.
After watching all of them I'm at the point where I don't want to see another frax anim, soothing as they may be, I have become saturated with frax and definitely won't buy the app. Don't get me wrong, it is nice to watch a new artist honing their skill and getting better by developing their style and technique as they travel down the path of discovery, your music selection and colour palettes are wonderful, you have posted 22 roll eyes anims since April 29, 2015 pushing all of the others back and dominating the first page making it your own personal frax gallery, I don't think this activity is fair or respectful of other artists.
But, yes, maybe it's because I have the attention span of a gnat and need new and innovative things to hold my interest. My opinion is just one out of millions and I'm sure it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, you can post whatever you want where ever you want, but again, the creators of this site set aside a board specially for frax that is not getting enough attention and needs to be populated with all things frax.

This is only my opinion, I invite others, pro or con to voice theirs too.

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

#B^] https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Fractals/fragmentarium
youhn
Fractal Molossus

Shapes only exists in our heads.

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 09:21:01 PM »

/\ 
         ||

What he said.
Xrlcreative
Explorer

xrlcreative
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 11:46:40 AM »

I haven't tried Frax (for obvious reasons) yet, but I'm wondering if it does anything else because all these frax anims are basically the same thing, can you show us something we haven't seen or that is new or unique? Not to dampen your enthusiasm but ,really? another frax anim? Why don't you post these in the Frax Gallery? It would be far more interesting if you could demonstrate or highlight some unique feature, perhaps a small tutorial about how to make anims with frax or.... well hopefully you get the picture.
After watching all of them I'm at the point where I don't want to see another frax anim, soothing as they may be, I have become saturated with frax and definitely won't buy the app. Don't get me wrong, it is nice to watch a new artist honing their skill and getting better by developing their style and technique as they travel down the path of discovery, your music selection and colour palettes are wonderful, you have posted 22 roll eyes anims since April 29, 2015 pushing all of the others back and dominating the first page making it your own personal frax gallery, I don't think this activity is fair or respectful of other artists.
But, yes, maybe it's because I have the attention span of a gnat and need new and innovative things to hold my interest. My opinion is just one out of millions and I'm sure it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, you can post whatever you want where ever you want, but again, the creators of this site set aside a board specially for frax that is not getting enough attention and needs to be populated with all things frax.

This is only my opinion, I invite others, pro or con to voice theirs too.

Well, I appreciate your thoughts, and I will try to comment all the points you have exposed. In advance, sorry for my english...
1) The animation features of the app are really limited. But I think that besides from zooming in and out, and cycling colours, some of the software out there is equally the same. Some flame fractal software like JW use Morphing, and that would be interesting (just to name one), but I am not the developer of Frax, so I will continue being more creative if possible. I get the point, and I am the first one that wants more. 

1a) What I really like about my anims is music wrapped with the visuals. In my opinion, there are some stunning visual mandelbulb 3D videos with horrible music tracks. The visual part of an animation itself is not suficient to create an atmosphere. It has to say something more. Every image or video is a projection of our inner state.

2) Spam was not my intention from the beginning. My purpose is to get rated, as the topic describes. I agree that maybe it would more convenient that all frax animations and images would be in another section. But I don't know how to move these posts to another category. If some expert or admin could help me, I would thank him.

3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 03:37:44 PM »

if all you want is to "get rated" then you should do just one really nicely instead of a lot of the same ones,
you have been rated btw, just not the way you might have wanted Sponge Bob sad
there  is sooooo much more to it than pumping out a lot of poorly done art, have a GOOD look around at what you're up against before trying it again, there are some spectacular mandelbrot anims that frax can't even come close to, so if you want a good rating put some real effort and thought into it first, quality before quantity is a reasonable rule of thumb. Look at the frax gallery and when your pics look like those or better then dazzle us with your style and you will be both praised and criticised.

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

Xrlcreative
Explorer

xrlcreative
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2015, 09:36:00 PM »

In my humbble opinion, I am not looking for discussions, aka apple haters, android haters, blabla, etc...I do not have time...
If you don't like the video screenshot, do not click.
Use your freedom, and choose...I am not your mother...
what is worse?, art is never better or worse than other art, say you like or not, but comparing is a nosense.
laser blaster
Iterator

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2015, 10:18:54 PM »

I've really liked some of your previous frax animations. But you post so many that we're starting to get tired of them. Why not try out some other fractal software? And in any case, try to post less, because it's not fun when one person takes up a third of the first page. Don't get discouraged, though! smiley
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2015, 04:12:43 AM »

I love Apples, I have Androids, no hating here, tech is tech, yes I do use my freedom, I also try to use discretion and I try to be polite and honest...
your music selection and colour palettes are wonderful
my comments are not a personal attack just some friendly advice, I'm not saying "don't post your work", the frax gallery is lonely and needs new posts to get people looking there.

as far as I can tell, the only "rating" method on this board is by direct comment, I would love to hear your comments on any of my works that I have posted cheesy

if you are not looking for discussions you might be better served by a youtube channel as discussions is kind of what FractalForums.com is all about, it is a forum after all.

as laser blaster said...
I've really liked some of your previous frax animations. But you post so many that we're starting to get tired of them.
I feel the same way.

A Beer Cup

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

Xrlcreative
Explorer

xrlcreative
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2015, 05:51:13 PM »

I've really liked some of your previous frax animations. But you post so many that we're starting to get tired of them. Why not try out some other fractal software? And in any case, try to post less, because it's not fun when one person takes up a third of the first page. Don't get discouraged, though! smiley

Please, talk in first person... say "I am getting tired".... let others choose. 
Btw, relax... no more frax animations in a few weeks! Haha
I need a workstation for Mandelbulber, I am playing with it, and takes a lot of time to render! What HW are you guys using?

Cheers!
Xrlcreative
Explorer

xrlcreative
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2015, 05:55:08 PM »

I love Apples, I have Androids, no hating here, tech is tech, yes I do use my freedom, I also try to use discretion and I try to be polite and honest...my comments are not a personal attack just some friendly advice, I'm not saying "don't post your work", the frax gallery is lonely and needs new posts to get people looking there.

as far as I can tell, the only "rating" method on this board is by direct comment, I would love to hear your comments on any of my works that I have posted cheesy

if you are not looking for discussions you might be better served by a youtube channel as discussions is kind of what FractalForums.com is all about, it is a forum after all.

as laser blaster said...I feel the same way.

A Beer Cup

"Entendido amigoohh"
Beer up!

Q: is possible to move a post to another topic? Say a frax gallery could be split in images, and animations.

Cheers!
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2015, 12:47:19 AM »

I am sure one of the moderators or admins would be happy to help, if they make a Frax Animation Gallery and move them there you will be the first one cheesy
The images in the Frax Image Gallery are really nice examples of the rendering capabilities of Frax, I know there will be more once people see some activity there.

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

Chillheimer
Global Moderator
Fractal Schemer

Just another fractal being floating by..

chilli.chillheimer chillheimer
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2015, 03:26:19 PM »

Hi!
As Xlrcreative seems to be the only active user in the frax-area, we don't think it's necessary to create an extra movie area for this.
Yes, he posted a lot within a few days, but it's still reasonable.
If no one replies the threads are replaced by newer ones and the movie page doesn't stay "personal" for long.

I personally prefer to only upload my best works from time to time, instead of "bulk-uploads". This way you get more long-term visibility and more interest..

cheers  A Beer Cup

btw: I do like your stuff, xlrcreative.. frax animation have a nice unique touch due to the outstanding colouring methods. what I don't like is that all frax animations seem to have that "shaky" camera movement.

--- Fractals - add some Chaos to your life and put the world in order. ---
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2015, 03:35:29 PM »

i moved this thread to the frax/gallery section, a gallery can contain movies/stills so it is perfectly fine to use it for that purpose

regarding too much postings, we had this problem before, people posting every day huge amounts of pictures to the gallery, this is why the gallery posting limit is restricted to just one image a day (except during competition submission period )

the same goes for postings to the "normal" forum, a user that is posting more than one post of the same kind (e.g. a video ) is considered cluttering the "recent posts" lists which annoys many users, for the forum itself we do not have such an automatism as for the gallery

@xlrcreative
to keep people calm here, you can post videos directly to the frax-gallery, since the gallery now features video embedding with automatic thumbnail download from youtube, this way you automatically get the message that just one image is allowed, using the gallery is generally the rule of action to provide image/videos to the forum, becaus: images/videos posting in threads
like this simple get lost over time, having them in a gallery makes it possible for users to actually find them when they search for them, using the gallery keyword system and so on
so, i recommend to use either the frax section in the gallery
http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;cat=87
or use your own personal gallery here, which is linked in the gallery reading "MYGALLERY"
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 03:41:37 PM by cKleinhuis » Logged

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: