Logo by mauxuam - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 03:31:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Compo 2015 - VOTE NOW!  (Read 13279 times)
Fitz
Explorer

« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2015, 01:12:13 AM »

I somehow thought I still had over 24 hours, but it seems I may only have 3 hours   angry

Well...  I'll do my best, and I apologize to anybody who's images I don't have time to rate before the deadline.

Maybe other people think about this differently, but I feel like fractal art is the sort of thing that makes a relatively immediate impression on whomever is viewing it. I got all my votes for the still images done in probably an hour, since a lot of it can be looked at and produce an immediate negative reaction (noisy, rendering errors, heavy aliasing, hideous colors, etc.), with entries that are well made having a positive reaction about as quick. There's usually not much to really analyze since whatever you're looking at is ultimately just going to be a graph for the most part and you don't have to worry about artistic symbolism or anything like that.
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2015, 03:26:16 AM »

I somehow thought I still had over 24 hours, but it seems I may only have 3 hours   angry

Well...  I'll do my best, and I apologize to anybody who's images I don't have time to rate before the deadline.
Maybe other people think about this differently, but I feel like fractal art is the sort of thing that makes a relatively immediate impression on whomever is viewing it. I got all my votes for the still images done in probably an hour, since a lot of it can be looked at and produce an immediate negative reaction (noisy, rendering errors, heavy aliasing, hideous colors, etc.), with entries that are well made having a positive reaction about as quick. There's usually not much to really analyze since whatever you're looking at is ultimately just going to be a graph for the most part and you don't have to worry about artistic symbolism or anything like that.

Agreed, but I have been in a very dark place personally and everything in life is being effected.  It's one of those "helpless to do anything about it" issues and it is monopolizing my time and changing the way I see everything in the universe.  I tried, but haven't even finished Wild Style and am done for the night.  Will try in the morning and if it is still voting time, I will do as much more as I can.

This is the first year I didn't vote on every entry.  Hopefully in the morning I can finish up!

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: