Logo by AGUS - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 06:23:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: 3D Lenticular LED underlit Fractal Chess Board  (Read 1323 times)
LMarkoya
Strange Attractor

« on: January 25, 2015, 11:36:42 PM »

3D Lenticular LED underlit Fractal Chess Board

http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=16942

To Compliment my 3D fractal printed Chess set, I had to design a deserving board. Here is my 3D lenticular underlit chess board. I constructed an LED edgelit panel to better show off its intricacy. WIth its menger sponge squares and dragon flame border it is a thing of beauty. I will soon post a 3D gif to show how the board is 3D with the white squares taking 8 steps down in depth from one end, and the dark squares doing the same from the other side. See it and the chess pieces here.
http://www.louismarkoya.com/#!Lenticular 3D Backlit Chessboard/zoom/c1n0f/image_1zg2
http://www.louismarkoya.com/#!3D Fractal Chess Set/zoom/c1n0f/image_yl4
Squares done in Mandelbulb, frame in JWildfire
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 11:52:22 PM »

Very cool!  A Beer Cup
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 12:22:52 AM »

wohoo, what are you 2 planning, kraftwerk and louis ?! i sense some coop work is going on here... huh?

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 07:45:31 PM »

wohoo, what are you 2 planning, kraftwerk and louis ?! i sense some coop work is going on here... huh?

afro It is rather parallell works Christian, when I saw Louis beautiful chess pieces I decided to finish my set, which I had been collecting during the years.

Looks great Louis! I hope you get that gif animation to work, would be very interesting to see the effect!

LMarkoya
Strange Attractor

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 01:27:03 AM »

I do have it working (the GIF animation), and will soon open an entire page on my website of GIFs of my lenticulars,and they all are fractals or fractal related...it will be cool, I promise
The chess board looks orders of magnitude better in life....it brings out every fractal detail and increases the sense of depth....I have to admit, it really is something of beauty
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 08:27:11 AM »

lol, i wonder how one is able to concentrate on the game ... or was that your intention to confuse your opponent ? smiley no offence!!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 08:38:36 AM by cKleinhuis » Logged

---

LMarkoya
Strange Attractor

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 09:27:08 PM »

If you're seriously going to play a game on this you concentrate on your pieces and not the board, and with the pieces on the board there will be areas with very little 3D effect as the piece will cover a majority of the square surface....as the game goes on and the board gets more sparse, you better be able to concentrate cheesy
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 09:54:32 PM »

haha concentrate? concentrating on johans chess figure? i doubt this makes it easier to concentrate on winning rolling on floor laughing

---

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: