Logo by RedBug - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 27, 2024, 07:20:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: 00019 1.14e382 WIP (now with glitches)  (Read 2932 times)
Description: Still from upcoming zoom video.
stardust4ever
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2014, 12:04:51 AM »

I will try to rerender the glitch frames around e99 and e100. The e144 one I actually like for some wierd reason so I may leave it.

Somewhat unrelated, but I wanted to test the function of color cycling and get a feel for how the effect looks. My understanding is that the cycle speed is dependant upon frame count, so an increase in the frame rate would increase the cycling speed? The preview was 30Hz 360p with .125 cycle rate. The final video will likely be 60Hz with .250 cycle rate and variable zoom speed throughout. Also slowing the zoom rate would increase the percieved color cycling speed by cycling more colors when the zoom slows down? I've noticed this effect on others video uploads and kind of like it.

One caveat, why does it take ~12 hours on a 4.2Ghz PC to render a 360p low quality "preview" video with cycling turned on? Surely the H264 encoder is not to blame here. tongue stuck out

EDIT: Okay, I've got the glitch frames loaded. Now what do I do?

* Untitled.jpg (155 KB, 660x444 - viewed 212 times.)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 12:35:44 AM by stardust4ever » Logged
Kalles Fraktaler
Fractal Senior

kallesfraktaler
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2014, 08:46:45 AM »

One caveat, why does it take ~12 hours on a 4.2Ghz PC to render a 360p low quality "preview" video with cycling turned on? Surely the H264 encoder is not to blame here. tongue stuck out
The way I do color cycling is to offset the colors applied on the iterations. So the iterations of the kfb files are transformed to color for each movie frame.
For each movie frame, 2-8 kfb files ("Merge frame Count") are transformed to bitmaps and merged, and with your large kfb files it will be time consuming even though it make each bitmap in parallel threads.

So, the resolution of a preview does not matter much, instead the "Merge frame Count" can be set to 2 in order to render the preview movie more quickly.

Also, you should be able to use a lower value than the default 6 for the very large kfb files you are using when you do the final movie, without seeing the center switching kfb-frames.

EDIT: Okay, I've got the glitch frames loaded. Now what do I do?
Check the menu item "Actions->Special->No approximation". Then select the menu item "Actions->Refresh". The glitches wont be solved automatically when "Examine" is active, you need to add references manually - just by clicking.

Want to create DEEP Mandelbrot fractals 100 times faster than the commercial programs, for FREE? One hour or one minute? Three months or one day? Try Kalles Fraktaler http://www.chillheimer.de/kallesfraktaler
http://www.facebook.com/kallesfraktaler
stardust4ever
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2014, 08:44:44 PM »

Check the menu item "Actions->Special->No approximation". Then select the menu item "Actions->Refresh". The glitches wont be solved automatically when "Examine" is active, you need to add references manually - just by clicking.
I did this (select "add reference") and it zoomed in when I clicked on the image, breaking the zoom sequence. I clicked the red [X] because I didn't want to ruin the sequence. I did backed up the whole directory in case I mess something up, but it was expensive: ~85Gb.
youhn
Fractal Molossus

Shapes only exists in our heads.

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2014, 09:31:26 PM »

Maybe only the first mouseclick will add a reference point, after which it jumps back to the default behavior (zooming)? This is the way it works in normal navigation, I think it should work the same for "Examine Zoom sequence".
Kalles Fraktaler
Fractal Senior

kallesfraktaler
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2014, 11:08:53 PM »

Just mouse click when Examine is active adds references, not zooming. If you click too soon before adding the reference is finished, it might start zoom, I'm not sure.

Want to create DEEP Mandelbrot fractals 100 times faster than the commercial programs, for FREE? One hour or one minute? Three months or one day? Try Kalles Fraktaler http://www.chillheimer.de/kallesfraktaler
http://www.facebook.com/kallesfraktaler
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: