Logo by Sockratease - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 10:41:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: New variation added to AbsMandVars plugin  (Read 3185 times)
simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

Experienced Fractal eXtreme plugin crasher!

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« on: June 16, 2014, 02:13:05 AM »

New fractal type added to AbsMandVars plugin.

Here's the dll file.

Currently only 64-bit but if anyone wants the 32-bit variation let me know.

New fractal is called: Kung Fu Panda (will become obvious when seen).

To anyone viewing my posts and finding missing/broken links to a website called www.needanother.co.uk, I still own the domain but recently cancelled my server (saving £30/month) so even though the domain address exists, it points nowhere.  I hope to one day sort something out but for now - sorry!
panzerboy
Fractal Lover

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 10:48:24 AM »

This is what I call a 'feature rich' fractal, lots of different stuff to explore.
It does glitch out badly when it goes to 128 bit fixed point arithmetic.
If you go to advanced settings and set the extra precision (bits) to 64 you see the attached interference rings type effect.
There's less noticeable glitch on the standard burning ship, celtic and buffalo fractals thats always been there at the edge of the circle.
This could be related to the glitch in the smoothed version of the burning ship.
If you could send me your source I could experiment with the fixed point settings maybe finally figure out what causes these glitches.
(Also do a smooth version).

* kfpglitch.jpg (38.26 KB, 640x480 - viewed 325 times.)
simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 12:21:28 PM »

Thanks for the kind words.

I've zipped the source and here's the link to it.

It has none of your optimisations set, as I haven't got around to trying what you suggested in your private message to me a while ago.

Simon

To anyone viewing my posts and finding missing/broken links to a website called www.needanother.co.uk, I still own the domain but recently cancelled my server (saving £30/month) so even though the domain address exists, it points nowhere.  I hope to one day sort something out but for now - sorry!
simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 09:29:43 PM »

I am going to try the same mod to the Celtic and Buffalo fractals to see what they come out like.

If you get the chance, panzerboy, could you do the same with the source I provided you?

Thanks,

Simon

simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 01:22:46 AM »

Panzerboy, this evening I added another two fractals to the AbsMandVar plugin, and have re-zipped the source files and uploaded them to overwrite the old source files zip linked to in the post above.  Please download this file to make sure you have the latest source.

Many thanks,

Simon.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 01:32:56 AM by simon.snake » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: