Logo by visual - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 12:48:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Help with Parameter files.  (Read 2074 times)
Max
« on: October 19, 2006, 02:18:48 PM »

I am new to fractal programming or is that generating, I am using Ultra Fractal v4.02. My question is now do I make my own fractal its all right playing with someone formula but I do not know what I am doing, is there any free tutorials on how to make a fractal from scratch. Words I have found in parameter file are as follows (Global, builtin, init, loop, bailout, default and switch) but they do not mean anything to me. So I need lots help.

Thanks
Max.
matera
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 03:47:40 AM »

Here is some help, it gives a better idea of what the various parameters are for.

Links to other Ultra Fractal resources

I have not used Ultra Fractal very much. My personal favorite is Fractal Explorer wink I'm sure some of our other members will be able to give you some good tips.
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 05:23:23 AM »

I am new to fractal programming or is that generating....

These are two different terms:

Programming -- A set of coded instructions for insertion into a machine, in accordance with which the machine performs a desired sequence of operations.  A procedure for solving a problem that involves collection of data, processing, and presentation of results.  (Basically, to write computer type code that will do specified actions.)

Generating -- To bring into being; give rise to: generate a discussion.  To form (a geometric figure) by describing a curve or surface.  To produce by instructing a computer to follow given parameters with a skeleton program.  (Another words, to render an image using values and formulas within a fractal "program".)

.....its all right playing with someone formula but I do not know what I am doing, is there any free tutorials on how to make a fractal from scratch.

There are several available.  Some come with the particular fractal application that one has downloaded, either as part of the HELP file, or as a separate document (PDF, DOC, TXT, HTML, etc...).  Others are available online usually at the same location that is the main download site for the application, or from a link specified at the main site.

Then there are private websites where individuals create their own tutorials, tips, and useful information.  Using something as simple as a search engine, with the keywords of the fractal application's name and the word "tutorial" will give links to such sites.

Words I have found in parameter file are as follows (Global, builtin, init, loop, bailout, default and switch) but they do not mean anything to me.

Most of these words come from terms used by Programmers that write computer code, for example:

Global ---  Of or relating to an entire program, document, or file.  Something that can be used throughout the program and or formula, and not defined to a specific area or routine.
    Builtin ---  Constructed as part of a larger unit; not detachable.  Forming a permanent or essential element or quality.  Something that was created specifically for the program.
    Init ------  To set to a starting position or value.  (Short for "initialize".)
    Loop ----- A sequence of instructions that repeats either a specified number of times or until a particular condition prevails.
    Default --- A particular value for a variable that is assigned automatically by an operating system and remains in effect unless canceled or overridden by the operator.
    Switch --- 1.  The act or process of chaging from one thing to another.
                    2.  A device, field, or value to allow the notification of intent from one thing to another.
    Bailout -- To escape from a "loop", usually when a certain condition is met.

So I need lots help.

Almost all of the above definitions are available in a standard dictionary (that is where I got them).  If a physical one is not available, then there are several that can be found online.  (Again, try a good search engine.)

« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 08:40:08 AM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged

Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 05:28:18 AM »

So I need lots help.

Some key words relating to fractal software, and their basic definition/meaning, may be found here:
    http://www.Nahee.com/PNL/Fractals.html

« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 08:42:09 AM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged

GFWorld
Fractal Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 05:56:35 PM »

Max wrote >I am new to fractal programming or is that generating, I am using Ultra Fractal v4.02. My question is now do I make my own fractal its all right playing with someone formula but I do not know what I am doing, is there any free tutorials on how to make a fractal from scratch. Words I have found in parameter file are as follows (Global, builtin, init, loop, bailout, default and switch) but they do not mean anything to me. So I need lots help ...

Hi Max,
thoughts about - whenever I am not a real profi here - UF has an excellent Tutorial to * come in * here at last.
> global builtin init loop bailout default switch are good explained when we know what it means at last :-)))

Paul sent useful Links here, let me attach this one here too ...

http://visual-arts-academy.com/janet_uf.html
Kind regards
Margit
alan2here
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 11:40:59 PM »

study other .ufm files to find out how they work

look for all the offical help links on the Ultra Fractal website
http://www.ultrafractal.com/support.html

join the UF mailing list, they will help you with your formuli creating, however good you think yours are there are things they can help you with.

after some time if you start to think yours are good upload them to
http://formulas.ultrafractal.com/

do not edit your formuli after you have relised them in such a way that it 'breaks' the forumuli for its users so there paramiter files stop working properly
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 11:43:17 PM by alan2here » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: