Logo by haltenny - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 12:00:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Discrete Fractal Cosmological Paradigm  (Read 5210 times)
rloldershaw
Navigator

« on: September 30, 2006, 01:43:02 AM »

Hi,

For several years I have worked on a website devoted to a Discrete Fractal Cosmological Paradigm.  If you think you might be interested in seeing what a discrete fractal model of nature would look like, please visit: www.amherst.edu/~rloldershaw .

I am always interested in comments, criticism or suggestions.

Rob
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 09:45:06 AM by heneganj » Logged
A.Real
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 06:08:46 PM »

I've just been there and it was quite confusing since I'm not able to understand part of the vocabulary used. Perhaps it would be useful to have an easier introduction and a presentation of the material in different levels of understanding. Thank you for your work
rloldershaw
Navigator

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 03:19:31 AM »

Hi A.Real,

When one is trying to discuss the Universe, and is also trying hard not to mislead people, it is not an easy thing to simplify the discussion without jeopardizing the scientific integrity of the ideas.

That said, there are several essays on the website that only require the ability to read and a basic knowledge of the major categories of objects comprising nature.

Here are some examples:

1. In "Selected Papers", paper #0, paper #3 and paper #10.

2. In "Galactic Scale Self-Similarity" scroll down to section II, for a 2-minute ultra-simple intro to the fractal interpretation of the Big Bang.

3. Many of the "New Developments" are written at a basic level, though some others are definitely not.

4. I think any person with average intelligence and a high school education should be able to make it through Papers #1 and #2 of the "Selected Papers" section.  It may take some time and effort.  You may have to get out an astronomy text, or Wikipedia, and look up some definitions, but there is no complicated math and no weird abstract concepts.  It is really straightforward.  These two papers are required reading for anyone who wants to learn about the paradigm.  You can do it if you really want to.

The problem is that our society is too used to things being "dumbed down" and put into 30 second sound bites.  Resist and fight back with a little sustained mental effort! 

Sorry if this "no pain, no gain" type of response is a bit off-putting, but it is the honest truth.

Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: