Logo by Trifox - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 18, 2024, 11:51:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Julia  (Read 748 times)
Buddhi
Fractal Iambus

« on: December 16, 2013, 08:59:48 PM »

Julia

http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=15288

Image rendered with Mandelbulber 1.20 (version still under development)

Last feature which I added to OpenCL kernel are primitive objects and water. Water looks great with Monte Carlo DOF effect

weavers
Fractal Phenom

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 06:26:34 AM »

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________

Greetings and salutations,
Greetings and salutations,
Greetings and salutations, to you Master Buddhi

Diagnosis Critéria : Compositionality  : balanced : Light construct : volumetric light source effectuating illumination from the lower right  trajectories gracing magnificently the geometrousity, adding to the drama to of this pictures bold audacity, is both its perspective, and its environment ambiance in constrained coloring of monochromatic arrays of the color gold, tranquil provoking tonalities personified in oceans undulations liquified! Pleasing both to the spirit and eye! Thank you Master Buddhi!

This gold girl geometrousity beauty,  we applaud her, and the Master for first finding her as she stepped out of the sea, revealing , her shape, her form and her majesty!

intro

One could give one self enough time to recover, from this gorgeous to see, this gold sea, with an amazing sun filtering through the mist in the distance, the ball of light, shown its light illuminating on something mysterious, without resistance, coming up out of the sea, was she!

It was a Buddhi geometrousity, it was all shiny, brite, gold crested and standing out of the water, an object of perfection, casting its reflection in every direction with its mind, its mind made up, to look at us too, curious too! And as the waves gently swirled around, with an uncanny sensibility, we came to the realization it was all the more urgently alive, and powerful, and will exist longer than we ever will be!

Thank you Master Buddhi!

The Fractal Forums  the possibilities are infinite

« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 06:34:05 AM by weavers, Reason: updates » Logged
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 11:50:56 AM »

Nice image Buddhi. looks really smooth.
I am courious about the rendering time. Lately I tried the (1.19) MC Dof. The basic parameter needed 13 seconds in OpenCL Full shader mode and SSAO. Turning on Dof increased the rendering time up to (estimated) 1h 10 min and additionally turning on regular AO would take more than 7 hours. Is this regular behavior and is there a chance of further optimisations?
An Idea: I see the MC Dof is a multipass method. Maybe an additional progress bar for the current pass can help stopping the render process at a useful time, when not the full quality is needed.

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
Buddhi
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 06:25:26 PM »

It was 8 hours. It is standard behavior for this method, because the image has to be rendered about 250 times with different random ray starting points. There is some space for optimization. On this thread is very interesting algorithm: http://www.fractalforums.com/programming/fast-fake-montecarlo-for-raymarching-(not-sure-what-to-call-it-yet)/
I'm thinking about experiments with this.
About your idea to stop rendering passes. I will add some button for this. It will stop rendering when actual pass will be finished. I will also add entry field to define number of passes.

DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2013, 07:18:00 PM »

Cantor Dance cool image, and yes, that thread is very promising

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
eiffie
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 08:18:45 PM »

Yes Buddhi I hope you give that SoC method a try. It will never replace the quality of multiple rays but the time savings make it suitable for video rendering. Perhaps less than a minute per frame for a good approximation of the image above.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: