Logo by Pauldelbrot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 05:54:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: ANNOUNCEMENT: EVOKE 2013 FRACTALFORUMS COMPO REVIEW  (Read 15754 times)
Far
Forums Freshman

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2013, 09:27:13 PM »

are there any girls around who want to comment?!

Yes. I'm generally a lurker but I have to say they way you talk in this thread is indeed pretty off-putting.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 09:33:49 PM by Far » Logged

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2013, 09:34:27 PM »

Yes. I'm generally a lurker but I have to say they way you talk in this thread is indeed pretty off-putting.

sad right, i understand, hearing from dudes sounds in my eyes weird, but i agree that my attitude is a wrong approach, i just talked to one of the girls, and she said that the girls in general in this circumstance are a distraction from the overall good content, and it would really be just nice without additional ingredient will think about it, and improve, promised

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2013, 09:40:55 PM »

We're having a lively discussion about this in deviantArt's #aposhack channel, and can generally agree that:

1. If something like this happens, at least have some equality and put some guys in gold underwear for the ladies (obviously this is not my suggestion, and actually some fractal girls are pretty keen on that  grin)
2. The resulting event is hardly about fractals... why not cut to the chase and just head to a strip-club?

I like naked ladies as much as the next guy, but this cheesy sexualised fractal prizegiving probably works against our "greater interests", like say, having a respectable/classy fractal scene for all.

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2013, 11:24:05 PM »

but ok, back to the event ( @lyc me in golden underpants as a finalisation for distraction will follow for sure )
so, right before the show, video footage will take another day to finish, thank you all for that great opportunity!

* impression4.jpg (60.57 KB, 800x1067 - viewed 433 times.)

---

taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2013, 11:59:21 PM »

I like naked ladies as much as the next guy, but this cheesy sexualised fractal prizegiving probably works against our "greater interests", like say, having a respectable/classy fractal scene for all.

I doubt that Christian's superficial show-oriented presentation might serve some "greater interests", but I know for sure, that your joyless complaint does not serve anything except your vanity. Must say that I understand Kali's offenses and if someone has a problem with that, I will follow him.
I hope your chronic dissatisfaction won't infest the Fractal Symposium next year.

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2013, 12:36:12 AM »

Why would I be dissatisfied? Oh well...

Edit: I think my views about promotional models, podium girls and "booth babes" are not exactly out of this world, and chose to say something about the girls we should apparently be "getting beers into". As I already said in my post, if speaking my mind (about such matters which I feel are actually quite important) makes me "that guy", so be it...
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 01:51:14 AM by lycium » Logged

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2013, 08:35:53 AM »

people, everything is fine, i was unhappy with that first comment as well, but i hope the general video footage will make up for it, showing that there is nothing over-sexual or something to be afraid of, they where the assistants, and the golden bikini was really someone joined us at the party, as you might see there is nothing over-sexual, beside wearing a golden bikini ABOVE the clothing they did a well job handling the prizes! she was hanging around at the party place and i really just asked her to join us! a female nerd you can say....

@taurus and lycium has in the most cases some point, that somehow seems coming out kind of arrogant, but people, it is in no way any reason for starting any flames or wars here on this place (especially from moderators) !!!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 08:42:41 AM by cKleinhuis, Reason: added a few words » Logged

---

mclarekin
Fractal Senior

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2013, 03:01:31 PM »

From reading this post I have discovered further evidence that Christian is evidently very much human, and all who have replied to this post are as well.

This fact, does in fact, not surprise me overly much. So let’s celebrate being human. Hooray. Keep up the good work you wonderful diverse bunch of humans. All that should be expected is that we all try to grow into even better humans and fulfill the human potential , whatever the hell that is, so I guess we must just keep on thinking and experimenting towards infinity in the hope of figuring it out.

Less IMPORTANTLY ,  I find the gold shirt offensive as it is a blatant  symbol of the wasteful opulence of the ruling class.  Riches obtained from the sweat (not literally) of the oppressed honest humble worker.  I think that next year all participants should be denied any choice, and will be ordered to wear identical, non-flattering, asexual potato sacks. That will make all of us remaining humble workers, who cannot afford to attend, a lot happier.
eiffie
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2013, 05:59:39 PM »

Obviously the civility level of a symposium and a party are going to be different. Also the excitement level. I hope to see videos of each.
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2013, 09:00:53 AM »

here you go, official thread in the chastube gallery section
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/wkIobjrI8w8&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/wkIobjrI8w8&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

---

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: