Logo by AGUS - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 26, 2024, 07:37:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Surface texture maps  (Read 1266 times)
wickedthoughtzzzz
Forums Newbie

« on: June 06, 2013, 05:58:07 PM »

I would really love to add the feature of overlaying texture maps onto completed objects.  I think that would take this program to the next level.  I really love the shapes I am able to create with this app, but with the realism that we have all become accustomed to from other 3d art applications, I feel like the sometimes too perfect and fake (and therefore boring) surfaces created in mandelbulb softwares are truly the limiting factor to creating world class and professional pieces with this software.  I realize you can do alot with lighting, but there are lots of surface textures that we will simply never be able to replicate without texture maps.  Considering almost all 3d art softwares use this feature, I wonder if it would not be easy to implement in mandelbulb3d?  I for one, would, LOVE it!!!!!!

I realize I can export small objects/scenes from mandelbulb and import them into software that can do what I am asking for, but I mainly use mandelbulb3d for animation sequences, so being able to texturize my mandels within mandelbulb3d would be the only way to accomplish what I want smiley  Thanks for making this truly wonderful program!

lxh
Iterator

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 06:41:46 PM »

Did you try the color wrap function? You can find it in Lighting/Object. Check "Use a map for diffuse color" and wrap1 or wrap2. I may be wrong but wrap1 seemed to be a kind of camera projection, so i recommend wrap2 for animation.

Here's an example ...

I've learned so much by my mistakes that I'm planing to do some more.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: