Logo by fractalwizz - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 02:55:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Importing param file  (Read 5032 times)
Description: How to do it>
Stonevoice
Forums Freshman

« on: May 13, 2013, 07:29:17 PM »

This may seem simple to most users of UF5, but I would like to import a parameter file into UF5, and can't get it to work. I have tried following the instructions in the UF5 help, but it doesn't seem to work. I've also tried a couple of ideas from online tuts, but no luck there either.
I know in MB3D you just copy the text file, then open it using the txt button, is it that simple in UF5?
Any ideas?
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 09:40:07 PM »

This may seem simple to most users of UF5, but I would like to import a parameter file into UF5, and can't get it to work. I have tried following the instructions in the UF5 help, but it doesn't seem to work. I've also tried a couple of ideas from online tuts, but no luck there either.
I know in MB3D you just copy the text file, then open it using the txt button, is it that simple in UF5?
Any ideas?

Hello and welcome to the forums   afro

If my tired old memory still works properly, yes.  It is that simple in UF5.  Just copy the parameters and paste them using the little clipboard icon in UF's row of little icons.  (EDIT - Control + V works too)  (Command + V if you're running it on a Mac)

It's been so long, I don't recall if you need to have a fractal open or if it will make one when you paste.  But it is very simple either way!

Give it a try and post any problems you may have - I'm sure one of our more experienced with UltraFractal users here will be able to help if my advice is faulty.

Hope that helps.

Good luck with it.  
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 09:43:29 PM by Sockratease » Logged

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Stonevoice
Forums Freshman

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 12:09:01 AM »

Thanks Sockratease, I was able to figger it out.
First, I didn't have all the formulas I needed to create the fractal from the params, so I downloaded the entire public file from the UF site, and then I was mostly there.
Apparently you have to have a fractal open in the window before the "Edit" option will appear on the menu, then you can Paste your params, and UF will start to render. I was going nuts trying o find the "Edit" option SOMEWHERE in the UI, but it only appears when you have a fractal open.
Thanks for helping!
eduardoflores
Forums Newbie

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 10:14:05 PM »

...I didn't have all the formulas I needed to create the fractal from the params, so I downloaded the entire public file from the UF site...
So, if I understand well, a formula must be opened before importing the parameters: well, but which formula?
Thank you for your help!

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 10:25:30 PM »

So, if I understand well, a formula must be opened before importing the parameters: well, but which formula?
Thank you for your help!

I have personal issues with UF and stopped using it so my advice is not 100% reliable here.

I don't think it matters what fractal is open, so long as you have the formula it's referencing in your library.

Which did you try?  What happened when you pasted the parameters?  Did it fail to do anything?

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: