Logo by Fractal Ken - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 12:32:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: How do you handle iteration count for a Mandelbrot zoom video?  (Read 482 times)
laser blaster
Iterator

« on: March 29, 2013, 09:50:37 PM »

For anyone who's made a Mandelbrot zoom video, how do you handle the iteration count as you zoom into the fractal? Surely you wouldn't use one iteration count for the entire video, as that would be a waste of render time. So, do you set the iteration count manually at certain keyframes, or use a formula to automatically determine the iterations for each frame?

I'm not asking for help with any specific software, I'm just looking for a general answer. Thanks.

Edit: 15 views immediately after posting??? This website is screwy.
panzerboy
Fractal Lover

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 02:03:55 AM »

You mean maximum iteration count?
I set it to the largest value needed.
The end of the zoom movie with large iteration counts and high precision arithmetic is where you spend most
of the rendering time.
So optimising the maximum iteration count as you zoom doesn't gain you much.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: