Logo by Trifox - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 27, 2024, 02:20:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Discworld  (Read 499 times)
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« on: February 14, 2013, 12:38:35 AM »

Pauldelbrot
Fractal Senior

pderbyshire2
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 05:44:46 AM »

Repeating Zooming Self-Silimilar Thumb Up, by Craig Wow

matsoljare
Fractal Lover

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 04:02:20 PM »

Any way to animate this?
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 11:26:38 PM »

Good idea, I have plans to improve the the sound-synchronized animation module, this flame would be a good example, for sure. But this will need some time as I have to release a new version before.
Apophyster
Conqueror

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 04:41:41 AM »

I just reply here since you mention your animation module.  Regrettably I haven't had time to try your latest jWildfire releases.  I want to be safe as I can be and do a system backup image before I install the latest java 7.  undecided 
Consequently I'm not sure what type of sound synchronization you are doing.  Most syncs I've seen seem to be related to beat or amplitude.  I haven't looked at all of your animations but that seems to be what I've seen in those I've watched.
Have you considered varying the opacity and/or xaos values of transforms through some relationship to the audio? 
I was thinking maybe those values could be tied into the pitch, or possibly tone quality, of various instruments in the audio - something like that anyway.  I have no idea how you and others coordinate the beat or tempo with to the flame patterns.
Because of my sensitivities I guess, I prefer smooth, fluid animations to jumpy, pulsing animations.
When this notion occurred to me, I kind of visualized flame animations with different elements of the flame going through varying degrees of visibility.  But I don't know if it could be done or if so, how hard it would be to do.  I'm fairly certain a lot would depend on how you get information from the audio that you synchronize the video with.

Rice, wheat and corn make the world go round.
Love and money are just passengers.
Friendliness is the destination.
Blace
Forums Freshman

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 04:34:25 PM »

This is something I am playing with as well, animating flam3 files using audio. What I have so far is much more playing with code than a user friendly program, but I'm trying to polish it gradually. I have some information at my site blazinglace.net other parts I am currently trying to finish a bit more, but will share the general ideas to see if anyone's interested. I have two sample programs that came with the excellent open source C++ library Cinder libcinder.org . Using those with minor editing I am able to sample either a mp3 file or the mic input real time. Any specified frame rate for sampling can be chosen. The program can sample a number of frequency bands, I am currently using 32. I then find the high and low value of each band and then using this alter the values to a range of 0-1. Then each band gets written to it's own text file with on 0-1 value per line within a folder named for the sample. After this using a Flam3thrower recipie animator I've been working on, a read line for each frame from any band text file can then be used to alter any value you want in the recipie to match the audio, such as any xform rotation speed and values, camera attributes, shifting the color table. I just recently tried JWildfire for the first time and it's great and way more done than mine! I've been working on the audio mappers the last week and hope to get something that's easy to use soon.
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 06:19:18 PM »

Interesting discussion :-)
I'm currently working on the new interface which seems to target similar things. My idea is to have certain motion generators, e. g.  "Rotation", "FFTAmplitude" (with specific parameters) and be able to link them to any property of a flame.
Therefore I have built an model-view (which is visualized as treeview) which will give you access to all available properties (which are obtained via reflection).
Additionally you can use any number of flames in your project and later fade between them in realtime. (All of them are moving simultaneously (virtual). This is my first step to implement my vision of having something like a "fractal piano", i. E. to have predefined motions and trigger addional motions in realtime.
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 06:28:34 PM »

Interesting discussion in here, indeed smiley I too am planning some animation features for Chaotica (since years), and some of these concepts will be used there too.

thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2013, 01:32:30 AM »

I too am planning some animation features for Chaotica (since years), and some of these concepts will be used there too.
I hope to get this stuff finished soon, as I really want to do some animations with it. I have already thought a new concept of fractal animation (called "progressive") which will be hopefully shown in my entry for the next fractal animation challenge. But currently its unsure if I will find the time, so maybe later - so I really know the "year factor" ;-)
Apophyster
Conqueror

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2013, 04:31:35 AM »

I wish you all success with your implementations!   smiley
I don't have the desire to do anything like what you are all working on (mainly due to lack of ability).  But I think what you folks achieve will appeal to many flame makers as time progresses.

Rice, wheat and corn make the world go round.
Love and money are just passengers.
Friendliness is the destination.
Alef
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2013, 05:54:59 PM »

Very kleinian. Or maybe like apollonian gasket.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 06:26:50 PM by Alef » Logged

fractal catalisator
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2013, 11:01:19 PM »

It is basically a mobius dragon fractal with GlynnSim3 as final. If anyone is interested in the params, just note me :-)
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2013, 03:13:47 PM »

Any way to animate this?
Here it is: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3AsJSkIL9MI&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/3AsJSkIL9MI&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: