Logo by mauxuam - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 03:25:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: orbittrap.ca review of calendar  (Read 4463 times)
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« on: October 31, 2012, 04:40:13 PM »

although he does not seem overconvinced, he made a review, and asking for 58 dollar bucks wink

http://orbittrap.ca/?p=4027

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Kali
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 04:25:58 AM »

I think you totally missed the point  grin

bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 10:57:47 AM »

I think you totally missed the point  grin

Do you refer to the last comment, meaning essentially "don't bother doing that calendar anymore..." ?

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 11:26:46 AM »

lol, i told him the calendar uses images from the first halve of the year, and in the second halve some dudes really went through the roof
with their images, especially lxh and markj cheesy lol i think next year he is praising it all over again, just because next year really decent pics are
going to come inside wink and i hear the bells ringing that next year is becoming an awesome fractal year, thinking of eric wengers realtime quasz
extension wink providing us with far far more versatile techniques!!!

lol, but nice he included it wink

---

taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 11:39:06 AM »

man, can't understand what is so hard to get there. The whole blogpost is a parody...

I reviewed last year’s and called it, “The Best Fractal Calendar Ever!“.
I hope that review scored me enough points over there with the Fractalforums.com folks to cover this year’s review.

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
Kali
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 02:40:40 PM »

Do you refer to the last comment, meaning essentially "don't bother doing that calendar anymore..." ?

Yes but not only that, what review are you reading, guys? The one I read basically says most of the images are shit (he said it literally when reviewing lxh's grin)
Also Christian wrote that he "is asking for $58 dollars bucks wink"... come on! obviously the "Brother, can you spare $58?" title is ironic and means that buying it is just giving away your money to CK for the fractalforums cause, because the calendar's value is don't worth the money... also can refers to your DA post, bib, where you asked to buy the calendar as a retribution to fractalforums, IMHO something you did wrong, because you tried to make people feel obligated to buy it and people don't like that.

but... @taurus: you are saying is all just a joke? if so, bad joke I think...

bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 02:55:06 PM »

Yes but not only that, what review are you reading, guys? The one I read basically says most of the images are shit (he said it literally when reviewing lxh's grin)
Also Christian wrote that he "is asking for $58 dollars bucks wink"... come on! obviously the "Brother, can you spare $58?" title is ironic and means that buying it is just giving away your money to CK for the fractalforums cause, because the calendar's value is don't worth the money... also can refers to your DA post, bib, where you asked to buy the calendar as a retribution to fractalforums, IMHO something you did wrong, because you tried to make people feel obligated to buy it and people don't like that.

I'm not forcing anyone, just trying to help CK smiley

taurus
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 03:19:09 PM »

Yes, I meant that. The german word I had in mind was "Verarsche" and as it is colloquial language, I had difficulties to translate. Maybe a better word is "a mock" or "mockery"
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 03:20:42 PM by taurus66 » Logged

bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 04:12:52 PM »

Taurus and Kali I think you're right, if I hadn't posted this journal on DA with such a tone (like "pleeeeease support"), maybe Tim wouldn't have been so harsh...Sorry guys sad

taurus
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2012, 05:06:27 PM »

Taurus and Kali I think you're right, if I hadn't posted this journal on DA with such a tone (like "pleeeeease support"), maybe Tim wouldn't have been so harsh...Sorry guys sad
I don't think you need to apologise. To try and help CK is a noble aim. Maybe it was a little naive to think anyone would care about financial problems of a foreigner (and Chrisian is for most people), but I don't think it would have changed a thing in Tim's review.

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2012, 06:02:09 PM »

I doubt anybody takes orbittrap seriously.  Everything I ever read there has been acidic rants full of insults to other's way of doing things (from contests to calendars).

Not only have I never seen any of his own art (which makes his criticisms hollow at best) I don't recall him ever saying anything nice about any topic.

Just use his site for the comic relief that it is.   nasty teeth

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2012, 06:10:37 PM »

he has a very demanding approach, but this is what criticcers are good for wink
to give an opinion of an external, using his own measurement systems, next time he will be astonished, this time was some cleanup from last years remains, and next year i believe in you you all will reach new levels of design, some really becoming experts in the hybrid generatings, and perhaps we have an incendia image as well next year wink

and subtle side note, clearly the calendar is an art piece, art defined by me, me is not a 100% artist, i am more of a programmer, so i value other aspects some times more, keeping 2d images in the calendar is one goal, the other goal is to include artists that werent in last year, pauldels deep zoom coloring is in fact a real topnotch development from this year, lmarkoyas oil paint is extraordinary, dont know if he got it that it is actually an oil painting wink
and last but not least 10 different nations contribute to the calendar cheesy

---

LMarkoya
Strange Attractor

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2012, 06:13:41 PM »

Agreed with Socratese. Why would anyone care about what Orbit Crap would say?
I love that they opened the site with the new kinder gentler bullshit, this is how they help fractal art and the fractal community?
Sure they are allowed an opinion, but who cares?
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2012, 06:15:00 PM »

Can we include an animated gif in next year edition? cheesy

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2012, 06:47:22 PM »

Would love to include a hologram cheesy

---

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: