Logo by rathinagiri - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 05:31:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Getting weird result with Real iteration count  (Read 314 times)
XSource
« on: August 26, 2012, 02:15:36 AM »

Hi everyone. I'm working on a program to render the Mandelbrot set. I got it working for integer valued iteration counts, so I thought I'd give Real valued iteration counts a try. The way I calculate it is with
Code:
nu = n + 1 - log(log(|Z|))/log(2)
though I have tried other equations, but every time I get this result http://i.imgur.com/sRO6B.jpg (the white interior is intentional, it's the weird smoothing that's the problem). Has anyone seen anything like this before? It looks as though the smoothing is going in the wrong direction. That is, the gradient should be "facing in", if you can see what I mean in the pic.
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 02:19:20 AM »

try to use higher bailout values wink
david will know the answer, i am not a smooth coloring expert, thus havent checked your formula  hurt
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 02:22:21 AM by cKleinhuis » Logged

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
XSource
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 03:31:36 AM »

I did read about some equations based on very large bailout values, but I remember a few years ago seeing one that worked with a bailout of 2
simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

Experienced Fractal eXtreme plugin crasher!

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 11:13:20 AM »

Looks like one of my FractInt formula versions of the mandelbrot:

http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=11281

To anyone viewing my posts and finding missing/broken links to a website called www.needanother.co.uk, I still own the domain but recently cancelled my server (saving £30/month) so even though the domain address exists, it points nowhere.  I hope to one day sort something out but for now - sorry!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: