END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 23, 2024, 10:31:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Mandelbulb1.799 C testfile (NEW)  (Read 2967 times)
Description: mandelbulb beta testing
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« on: July 05, 2012, 09:43:17 PM »

New beta:

http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=40

1.799c update: some issues solved, transparency gets a "Light Scattering" value. Animation with positional lights should work again.
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 09:58:53 PM »

hey jesse,
perhaps you should think of a three level version numbering system ?!

x.y.z

x is the major
y is the current release
z counts patches, and just count up, after 9 comes 10, after 999 comes 1000 and so on ...
i see you are struggling with the version numbers quite a bit, and 9 is not the end ... after nine comes 10 and then 11, and so on ...
just a thought wink

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 11:05:38 PM »

hey jesse,
perhaps you should think of a three level version numbering system ?!

x.y.z

x is the major
y is the current release
z counts patches, and just count up, after 9 comes 10, after 999 comes 1000 and so on ...
i see you are struggling with the version numbers quite a bit, and 9 is not the end ... after nine comes 10 and then 11, and so on ...
just a thought wink

Would be a good idea for giving numbering a sense  wink

It's beyond my abilities to get in every bit of what i am doing a low entropy, i beg for mercy  A Beer Cup
kameelian
Iterator

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 11:11:27 AM »

Hi again,

I like the new choice of subframe number in the 'Interpolation' option of the anim window.
However, it states Linear interpolation regardless of being in Quadratic or Linear mode.

Has the interpolation always been linear?
I hadn't noticed that the interpolated subframe was actually visited.

I had previously been using it to create extra (smoother) subframes between keyframes, especially if mixing different formulas.
The new option tends to offer a figure half way between existing keyframes - which can be changed - and then automatically
creates half this figure for 'number of Subframes to Render', which presumably places it at the position it would have been in
the sequence anyway. You can still increase this number but, if it is Linear, is it no longer logical to do so?
or am I misunderstanding something?

regards
Kam

Mandelbulb3D - Like Christmas Every morning wink
Boya
Forums Freshman

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 02:51:35 PM »

Thanks for the new kframe implementation, and fixing the pos lights.
Seems to work as expected!

From the download page description:
Notice: the new stereo options must be used from the same starting parameters to work properly, i will change this for an easier handling. For now you have to undo the parameters or reload default ones.
Does this apply to animation as well/do you want me to point out any disparity problems there might be?

Boya
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 06:07:58 PM »

Light scattering adds a kind of "spirit" to the effect, like an internal light inside... Very nice! A Beer Cup A Beer Cup A Beer Cup Keep up the great job

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 09:33:32 PM »

Hi again,

I like the new choice of subframe number in the 'Interpolation' option of the anim window.
However, it states Linear interpolation regardless of being in Quadratic or Linear mode.

Has the interpolation always been linear?
I hadn't noticed that the interpolated subframe was actually visited.

Bezier has the problem that the keyframes are seldom reached in the interpolated frame, so if you would interpolate a frame near one keyframe, it would differ much from it, you would have to change that keyframe also to get it to work.  But this is another problem because you might not want to change already existing keyframes, this is a disadvantage for bezier interpolation.

No time for now to do it better, sorry.

Thanks for the new kframe implementation, and fixing the pos lights.
Seems to work as expected!

From the download page description:Does this apply to animation as well/do you want me to point out any disparity problems there might be?

Boya

Hmm, these issues should be all fixed in the current betas, but i am not shure if you choose a left or right stereo rendered image as keyframe if this could be a problem.
Alef
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 04:12:50 PM »

Is Mandelbulb3Dv1799c.zip a nev verison, or had I allredy posted it's generated log files. huh?

fractal catalisator
Boya
Forums Freshman

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 06:27:26 PM »

Seems positional lights are still not working correctly in 99c for 3d animation:

I get a good position rendering separate left and rights;
- in animation I get the same issue as before, the light source renders further down the z than it is supposed, sometimes "behind" the background

freaks my eyes out...

* Keyframe 50 correct.jpg (86.51 KB, 960x540 - viewed 381 times.)

* Keyframe 50 animation error.jpg (84.28 KB, 960x540 - viewed 383 times.)
* Pos Lights test.m3a (50.66 KB - downloaded 160 times.)
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 12:03:24 AM »

Is Mandelbulb3Dv1799c.zip a nev verison, or had I allredy posted it's generated log files. huh?

It is new, but i think posting the log is not really necessary... just tell if it still quits starting.
Unfortunately i don't think that i find the reason anymore, no unusual components, no unsafe code at programstart...  huh?

Seems positional lights are still not working correctly in 99c for 3d animation:

Thanks, will test it.

Light scattering adds a kind of "spirit" to the effect, like an internal light inside... Very nice! A Beer Cup A Beer Cup A Beer Cup Keep up the great job

Thank you Luca, plus many kudos for your work  smiley
Alef
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2012, 04:46:27 PM »

Yes, it still quits starting. And at the first looks log file looks pretty the same.

fractal catalisator
Boya
Forums Freshman

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2012, 02:10:38 PM »

Woops, cancel button does not work in the new keyframe interpolation dialogue box.
- new frame is made anyhow.

Keep on truckin`

Edit:
Just had another another two ideas about the keyframe editor:
The active keyframe has a blue number beside it showing the frame number of the next keyframe, so you have to jump to the last one to se the one you´re working with.
I still find this somewhat confusing; be better to show the actual frame number you are working with.

Also a suggestion for navigation:
Arrows L-R to navigate keyframe, and arrow up to send to parameters?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 02:33:16 PM by Boya » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: