Logo by reallybigname - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 12:35:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Metaphase Variation 1  (Read 2692 times)
Description: New animation
HPDZ
Iterator

« on: October 19, 2008, 09:13:59 PM »

I have made a few new animations since I last posted anything here. This is a snapshot of the middle of the latest one, which I call Metaphase Variation 1. This is a variation on the "Metaphase" end point that Paul Derbyshire discovered back in the 1990's.

The full animation is at www.hpdz.net/Anim_MetaphaseVar1.htm. It zooms to a size of 1e-99 (which corresponds to a UltraFractal magnification of 4E+99.

The original Metaphase zoom is at www.hpdz.net/Anim_Metaphase.htm

(Sorry for the typo in the URL -- I had an extra '.' after the "htm" extension. The link should work now.)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 06:30:57 PM by HPDZ, Reason: Added \"sorry\" » Logged

Zoom deeply.
www.hpdz.net
fractalwizz
Conqueror

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 11:29:36 PM »

Sweet animation.
I like the coloring with this one.

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 12:00:14 AM »

those stills look pretty nice, this is 'standard' mandelbrot formula ? nice nice nice  police

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
HPDZ
Iterator

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 12:51:54 AM »

Thanks.

Yes, this is indeed the standard Mandelbrot formula. You can download the video to see how the zooming is done. Most of the credit goes to Paul Derbyshire for finding the original idea; this is a variation of mine on that original concept. But it does show there's a lot more to the M-set than just spirals....

Zoom deeply.
www.hpdz.net
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: