Logo by reallybigname - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 04:36:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Saturn & Titan version 2.0  (Read 2604 times)
Description: New release of Saturn & Titan
element90
Strange Attractor

« on: March 31, 2012, 02:38:36 PM »

A new version of my fractal software Saturn & Titan has been released. http://element90.wordpress.com/2012/03/31/saturn-titan-version-2-0-0-released/

The software, a user manual and colour maps can be downloaded. http://element90.wordpress.com/software/downloads/

Release notes. http://element90.wordpress.com/software/release-notes/

Elelemt90 Fractals blog www.element90.wordpress.com
element90
Strange Attractor

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 08:00:56 PM »

There is a new release of Saturn & Titan, version 2.0.1 is a bug fix release plus a splash window for Saturn. The software can be downloaded from http://element90.wordpress.com/software/downloads and the release notes are here http://element90.wordpress.com/software/release-notes.

https://copy.com/7j6vgtUY7BeE
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 09:41:21 AM by element90, Reason: Replaced file link. » Logged

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 08:51:09 PM »

Hi.

I just got around to playing with this software.  Very nice job!

I was immediately struck by two features which I see in most fractal generators but are not seen in Saturn.  An undo feature and a selection tool for zooming with a little more control  (like draw a selection then drag it around to center where desired).

I like what I see so far and will be playing more later.

Can't give good feedback just now.  I have no keyboard and am using the on-screen one  (slow and a pain in the patootie to use!)

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Kali
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 12:55:24 AM »

Really good job, Mr. element90 wink

I agree with Sock's suggestions, though

I have no keyboard and am using the on-screen one  (slow and a pain in the patootie to use!)

For the sake of god, get a new keyboard!! I will ask CK to include another donation button for this cause...  grin

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 11:29:09 AM »

Can't give good feedback just now.  I have no keyboard and am using the on-screen one  (slow and a pain in the patootie to use!)
For the sake of god, get a new keyboard!! I will ask CK to include another donation button for this cause...  grin

Actually, I have spares.  But it just wont "see" any of them. Even ones that work on other computers!

Bought it used, and it has no system restore points   sad  (never noticed that until now).

So I'm stuck for a while ...

Back to Saturn - deeper zooming would be nice too, but is not critical.

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
element90
Strange Attractor

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 12:09:33 PM »

Thanks for the feed back. I planning some major changes for version 3.0 but I also want to increase the number of fractal type supported so I'm splitting development into a version 2.X.x branch and a version 3.0 branch.

Version 2.X.x branch - periodic releases with additional fractal types at roughly monthly intervals possibly longer. There may be some feature improvements such as rotation for orbit fractals, however the user interface will stay essentially the same.

Version 3.0 branch

Escape time fractals will be re-organised such that the Mandelbrot forms and Julia forms are merged into a single type for example:

z = alpha*z^2 + beta*z + gamma (the Julia form)

The Mandelbrot form of this formula substitutes gamma with the location in the complex plane (I call this c), I'm proposing to allow substitution of any complex parameter (identified using Greek letters) with c in any combination giving 8 combination only one of which is the Julia. The result of this organisation is the reduction of fractal types but a substantial increase in the number of formulae to play with. I'm not happy with the way that I've implemented transforms, I combined several basic transforms into several of the transforms, such as Unsign Real, include a position and rotation, for version 3.0 only the basic transformations will be used, so if the Unsign Real transform has translation and rotation it would be expanded to 5 basic transforms, translation, rotation, unsign real, rotation, translation.

A redo feature is already on my list of features to implement. The control of zoom in, zoom out, image centring and rotation definitely needs looking at.

I don't yet have a target date for version 3.0 as its features are still being considered.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: