Logo by Tglad - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 19, 2024, 12:03:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: mandelbulb3d v1.76  (Read 8980 times)
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« on: January 07, 2012, 10:45:32 PM »

mandelbulb3d v1.76

http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=31

What is new in version 1.7.6:
  -  Inside plus outside rendering combined method.
  -  Bugfix: color artifacts on cutplanes in inside rendering and using orbit
     trap coloring or diffuse lightmaps.
  -  DEAO works more or less with inside renderings.
  -  Second focus points in DoF for defining a kind of focus line.
  -  Spline interpolation for maps and background images.
  -  Sticky options for formula, lighting and postprocessing panels now
     selectable by rightclicking those buttons on the main window. Less
     problems with slower window updates like in wine emulator.
  -  Voxel output utility to render png slices.
  -  New dIFS formula type, only on machines with SSE2 support (is common).
  -  Rightclick on 'Calculate 3D' brings up the option for automatic storing
     the M3I file if done.
  -  Option to save the text parameters as comment in a PNG image file.
  -  Lighting options for diffuse color map relative to object and background
     image added to depth (not blended).
  -  Bugfix in 24bit SSAO calculation, can change the amount of shadows
     compared to older program versions!
  -  Added a navi side-panel for tweaking julia and formula parameters!
  -  Some older formulas added that i forgot to include.
  -  Coordinate system can be shown in the navi.
  -  Mid-position can be taken from the image, to rotate around it or so.
  -  Program size and position is remembered for next start.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 10:49:12 PM by Jesse » Logged
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 11:28:29 PM »

Aww noo ... undecided You included some old/beta transforms I worked hard to update them... Can I update Bulboxp-2 to the latest ? Also you missed many new creations smiley

Thanks for all!

Luca

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 11:37:00 PM »

... and for some reason WaveIfs is not there... This can't be No, No, No... Be good angel

Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 11:46:01 PM »

waveIFS is in there, but you can update your formulas of course!  It is hard to keep track with all formulas  wink

And many thanks for your great support!
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 12:13:46 AM »

Thank you Jesse for your incredible work on this program all through 2011 and in the future I hope, and in particular for all these great innovations and your openness to listen to users always complaining and craving for new features, especially myself!. What you do here is simply unbelievable, and a foundation for much more to come for sure...

My thanks also to Darkbeam for continuously adding value to the core program with his genius formulas. You have my fullest respect and deepest gratitude.

All in all, simply fabulous work by both of you. You are among the handful of pionneers who set new standards in the 3D fractal arena. I look forward to honor your work with my creations.

Happy New Fractal Year!

bib

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 12:22:34 AM »

A Beer Cup Ohoo ty Jeremie take a cup of beer with us!

Updated the formulas to the latest available now... Sooo enjoy!!! alien

Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012, 12:55:00 AM »

champagne toast  thank you both!

Especially bib for many testings and bugreports, and i forgot some more to mention like rightclick on a light ("Li.1" at the top) to copy it to another tab...
KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2012, 10:05:06 AM »

champagne toast
May I join the party? afro

Thank you Jesse, and Luca for providing the most exciting artistic tools since the invention of the canvas!
I wish you both a great 2012!  A Beer Cup A Beer Cup

kameelian
Iterator

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2012, 10:34:41 AM »

Hi,

May I also pop in and add to the credits to Darkbeam too - sorry, often missed in our thanks to Jesse as you tweak and improve this fabulous creation.

Hopefully you can understand all the genuine appreciation from all the creations that folk post.

regards and Happy 2012
Kam

Mandelbulb3D - Like Christmas Every morning wink
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2012, 11:18:07 AM »

Jesse I found the original thread by msltoe; http://www.fractalforums.com/theory/juliabulb-with-'octahedral'-transform-~-sphereflake

He said

if (x*x<y*y) {d=x;x=y;y=d;}
  if (y*y<z*z) {d=y;y=z;z=d;}
  if (x*x<z*z) {d=x;x=z;x=d;}

That is a discontinue operator; but if you use the standard _foldingoct instead, you get a fractal continuous everywhere, with the same julia sets at y=z=0 and continue julias! wink
x=abs(x), y=abs(y), z=abs(z);
 if (x<y) {d=x;x=y;y=d;}
  if (y<z) {d=y;y=z;z=d;}
  if (x<z) {d=x;x=z;x=d;}

Mandelbulb3Dv17{
V.....S....O/...w....2A....OltzAg8.1.PcgNNh9.12Eh3MH9QX/sz11t6QmRkD..D4Iqggq3UzD
................................OaNaNaNadz1........A./..................y.2.....
................/M.0/....6Em....i0....E2.....QzIXLua2PrD/..........m/dkpXm1.BnAn
x.....kD12../2k7080wccYgzSdQgpKtUtzj.......................u1....y1...sD...../..
.wHnAnYD0TkGwYE4kxXTwEcfI0aayqthKy1rN.rj6xCwI1HlaxnwvlQKxa/QzUgWCQqA1PqDnegjT1Hl
axnzpvq6cY/QzKuHN/Lq2PqD......2O..............kD.2....sD..kz0...................
.............oAnAr1...sD....z.MRg4.6qlO..P5f/.qRg4..slO.UW5f/.ISg4......O....k1.
..................kz.wzzz1.U..6.P....M4...EB....W....k1....F....8/...I1.....Sl42
...U.qFG9yzb2zzzRYoWzz7lz16.mc..zXCc.El18XGQeGyDjvIRhrVAkz1..........2.28.kFrA0.
FWb96aAIVzvh1se7Umvxz0........../6U0.wzzz1................................E.0c..
zzzz.................................2U.8.kzzzD.................................
/6U0.wzzz1...................................2CcN/UvNP6.eeWCNq0.yRii.EJJUk1f..XR
S1.mx3CcN/UvNP6.QsLsUa3.ibhV..bTV1OK.sSq40.ly3CcN/UvNP6.MwLsUa3.ibhV.kqTV1OK.sSq
40.kz3CcN/UvNP6...EsUa3.eeWCNq0.IJ36wk8.wyLsUa3.................................
E....6....E.....I.........kL4x4PYZaPbxoMo/......................................
...................6./..........................................................
................................................................................
.....................2..........0....YYPoJqNZ756ExqRZ75.........................
8..............................E........kz9.....................................
................................................................................
................................}

Ah, also another wonderful fractal I found, nearly identical to Xenodream's formula but faster; _absz + CosPow2.

Mandelbulb3Dv17{
V.....S....O/...w....2...............1.......s1E................................
................................OaNaNaNadz1........A./..................y.2.....
................/M.0/....6Uh....b0....E2.....QzIXLua2PrD/..........m/dkpXm1....U
z.....kD12../2UAUATsL5YxzKJACgtgH5xDUDGEfVmwez1............u1....y1...sD...../..
.w1...sDRwPRxQEcaz1aEEXqc/.szEz95uO/yzxDD5a.gaQWGwXnuSV48.etzmPvooeAVOyDb3Cj9K1c
azHaEEXqc/.szahk4lq8..yj......25..............kD.2....sD..kz0...................
.............oAnAr1...sD....z.MRg4.6qlO..P5f/.qRg4..slO.UW5f/.ISg4......Q....k1.
..................kz.wzzz1.U..6.P....M4...EB....W....k1....F....8/...I1.....Sl42
...U.qFG9yzb2zzzRYoWzz7lz16.mc..zXCc.El18XGQeGyDjvIRhrVAkz1..........2.28.kFrA0.
FWb96aAIVzvh1se7Umvxz0........../6U0.wzzz1................................E.0c..
zzzz.................................2U.8.kzzzD.................................
/6U0.wzzz1...................................2CcN/UvNP6.eeWCNq0.yRii.EJJUk1f..XR
S1.mx3CcN/UvNP6.QsLsUa3.ibhV..bTV1OK.sSq40.ly3CcN/UvNP6.MwLsUa3.ibhV.kqTV1OK.sSq
40.kz3CcN/UvNP6...EsUa3.eeWCNq0.IJ36wk8.wyLsUa3.................................
E....6....E.....I....2....kL/7qQO/..............................................
.....................2.....3..../....AoPnZaPZ/pPr71..65.........................
....06U.06U.06................zD..........2........wz0.........E................
..U7./..................................................kz1.....................
................................}

smiley If you don't mind I can translate in working formulas all of it for you. wink

Madman
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2012, 05:00:34 PM »

Oh Shucks! And I just downloaded 1.756 this weekend... You're 2 fast 4 me, Jesse! Thanks for the huge improvements every time  A Beer Cup drinking beer together

All I want is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power (Ashleigh Brilliant)
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2012, 08:28:33 PM »

smiley If you don't mind I can translate in working formulas all of it for you. wink

Nice variations, i love Xenodreams formulas and the julias, good to know easily some variations can be made!
And with your julia adjustment options in the navi it is even more fun to explore.  A Beer Cup

Please do whatever you want to do  smiley, i have done the last days as much i could because the next time it might be more restricted.
The next formula i want to do is of course Aexions idea for rotations with C, faster with integer rotations.
Teena
Explorer

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2012, 12:13:20 AM »

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all your hard work, Jesse!!! Thanks also to DarkBeam and anybody who ever contributed to help Jesse to make this software as fantastic and fun to use as it is.
I could squeeze you all to pieces!
PhotoComix
Strange Attractor

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2012, 02:51:05 AM »

Thank a lot jesse and darkbeam

trying now i hope i may post soon some nice result
pedroasecas
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2012, 09:45:26 AM »

Outstanding!!  joy Colour me even more impressed than I was before. One small niggle though, the mousewheel doesn't work when hovering over the displayed axes in the navi window. Salud, Jesse!  A Beer Cup
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: