Logo by simon.snake - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 04:41:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Feature Removal Request  (Read 1590 times)
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« on: January 02, 2012, 06:30:51 PM »

Hi.  I am Loving the latest beta of Mandelbulb 3D!

But there is something happening and I am not even sure when it started - but it's becoming a bother.

If you separate and arrange the windows for lighting and formulas, then move the main window - the others snap back to where they start.

I am a left handed dyslexic and am always moving the windows around, most often putting the lighting and formula windows on the far left and the main window on the right, with the Calculate 3D button and all it's friends off-screen  (dragging it in and out to change things)  (maximizes my work area that way).  But now I can't really do that anymore   sad

If it's not too much to ask, could that feature be made optional, or restored to the way it was?

Anyone else notice this and have similar issues?

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 07:44:08 PM »

No need to worry!  Rightclick on "formulas", "lighting" or "postprocess" button and select the option you want.
This will be stored in the ini when leaving m3d, so this will stay.

I changed this because in unbuntu and wine the window drawing is slow and kind of buggy, so the windows always fell apart when dragging the main window.  Now they stay fixed, es you noticed  smiley
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

!
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 07:51:33 PM »

I never thought to right click the window itself   educated

Thanks!

Back to it then...  Last day of my Vacation   afro

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 09:21:01 PM »

Not on the window, on the buttons from the main formula bringing up those windows!  head batting

A Beer Cup
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 09:34:01 PM »

Yup - I noticed   bubble gum

Thanks again.

bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 09:22:23 AM »

I changed this because in unbuntu and wine the window drawing is slow and kind of buggy, so the windows always fell apart when dragging the main window.  Now they stay fixed, es you noticed  smiley

I hadn't noticed that in Wine but now that you tell it, yes, the windows move much nicer than before. Thanks!

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
Teena
Explorer

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 10:25:15 AM »

I didn't notice it either that there are options available when right clicking these buttons.

However, is there a way to set the size of the M3D main window or to make it remember its last size? The standard window is too small but when I maximize it it hides the other dialogs.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: