Logo by dainbramage - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 01:20:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: 3D Models from Mandelbulb 3D  (Read 1911 times)
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« on: January 01, 2012, 03:55:26 AM »

3D Models from Mandelbulb 3D

http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=9736

Gotta Love that new Voxel Stack feature!

The Julia thing on the right is from Incendia, the left is the default bulb in Mandelbulb 3D and the centerpiece is a model of a frame from this animation:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/PzlClSkRUNA&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/PzlClSkRUNA&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

Image rendered in Carrara.

1920 x 1080 wallpaper sized:  http://www.sockrateaze.com/stuff/frakkyzzz.png

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Don Whitaker
Conqueror

KitchenDon
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 12:33:33 AM »

fantastic! These objects look much cleaner than what I've managed with the PhotoFly app.  I have not been paying enough attention to new features in M3D.  I guess I know what I'll be tinkering with tonight. smiley

My digital creations: let me show you them
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 11:38:06 AM »

fantastic! These objects look much cleaner than what I've managed with the PhotoFly app.  I have not been paying enough attention to new features in M3D.  I guess I know what I'll be tinkering with tonight. smiley

Photofly sounds  familiar - is that the "cloud computing" thing suggested a while ago?  I tried it and was very disappointed in the quality, so kept waiting for a good solution.  It seems Fiji is certainly the best answer found to date   afro

Let's hope for even better solutions in 2012!   the wave

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 01:46:35 PM »

Photofly sounds  familiar - is that the "cloud computing" thing suggested a while ago?  I tried it and was very disappointed in the quality, so kept waiting for a good solution.  It seems Fiji is certainly the best answer found to date   afro

Photofly is now called Autodesk 123D Catch. I was also disappointed. Not only with the quality, more by the fact that it got totally confused when the object was too symmetrical, like a Mandelbox.

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
Don Whitaker
Conqueror

KitchenDon
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 02:24:55 AM »

I did manage to get some fun shapes using that PhotoFly hack - but this is so much better. I bet with further digging we can find a way to convert the slices into even more accurate shapes, too.

My digital creations: let me show you them
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: